This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting edge technology.
We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are searching for a candidate to work in our Savannah, Georgia Mill. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards.
- Individual will be primarily responsible for the health and safety of his team, followed closely by efficiency, productivity, engagement, cost control and overall effectiveness of the workforce
- Work effectively with Reliability Engineers, Process Managers, and Maintenance leadership to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues. Uses initiative to seek out root cause of failures and take steps to correct and prevent recurrences. Assists in the RCFA corrective actions and helps eliminate chronic equipment issues.
- Ensures productivity and performance of their crew. They are expected to appropriately recognize as well as counsel employees concerning work performance.
- Ensures quality work is performed by the crew.
- Actively participates in the Manufacturing Work System process, including
- Ensures work notifications are generated by their mechanics from routes and inspections.
- Supervises the execution of jobs according to the Daily Work Schedule.
- Schedules routes and inspections to maximize productivity.
- Participates in MWS meetings in all areas of the mill as required to bring lubrication and vibration issues to the Area Process Manager or Operations Maintenance Coordinator, and to the Maintenance Front Line Leaders and Area Maintenance Managers.
- Solicits recommendations from mechanics on improving existing procedures, routes, and Standard Job Plans.
- Reviews preliminary drawings, specifications, and plans from Engineering and recommends changes when necessary.
- Ensures mechanics receive necessary training to maintain and improve their skill levels. Works to maximize mechanic flexibility. Works with the Area Maintenance Managers and Skills Development Team to achieve this.
- Stand in for the Reliability Manager as assigned during periods of his/her absence.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Solid record in safety, performance, and attendance
- 5+ years Paper Mill manufacturing experience (Operations or Maintenance)
- Level 1 vibration analyst, including signature collection and interpretation
- Willingness to continue training as required to remain up to date on techniques, procedures, and practices
Preferred Job Qualifications and Competencies:
- Noria Lubrication training and certification (or equivalent)
- Level 2 or higher vibration analyst certification
- Experience with ultrasonic and thermo graphic testing methods
- Experience with machine balance
- Experience with installation and maintenance of remote vibration equipment
- Previous supervisory or crew management experience in some capacity.
- Experienced with the methods of repair for manufacturing mechanical equipment.
- Has basic understanding of the manufacturing processes in the area.
- Has ability to effectively read engineering drawing and schematics.
- Can work in a team environment and possesses the desire to build an effective team.
- Has a strong customer focus and strives to manage through sustainable work systems.
- Possesses a desire to learn new skills and develop direct reports.
The success of the Maintenance FLL be measured using the following metrics:
- Support the mill goal of zero injuries
- Production unit OME or tons
- Continuous improvement of MWS metrics
- Quality of PMs / # PMs converted to Best Practice
- Maintenance cost / Checkbook compliance
- Precision Maintenance standards upheld
- Productivity of crew as measured by Area Process Manager
- RCFA Corrective Actions complete
- Chronic issues resolved
- One to One requirements completed
- Safety Audit requirements completed
- % unscheduled downtime due to mechanical or electrical failure
”Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veterans status.”
Location: Savanna, GA