The Authority is seeking a highly motivated Foreman, Industrial Equipment Mechanic.The incumbent will be responsible for supervising the work activities of employees engaged in installing, repairing, fabricating, and modifying the mechanical process equipment and devices of the facilities.
Department: Maintenance Services Work Location: 5000 Overlook Ave., SW
Tour of Duty: 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM Type Appointment: Regular, Full-Time
Type Position: Non-Union, Essential No. of Position(s): One
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and directs work assignments. Ensures that all needed parts and materials for the shop are received on a timely basis. Coordinates the activities of the individual Mechanics to maximize effectiveness. Coordinates meetings with other shop managers.
- Reviews procedures, manuals and training relevant to new installations and equipment and reports needed improvements. Prepares equipment, accident, and daily reports and coordinates with General Foreman. Checks crews’ work to ensure safety, work quality, quantity, and adherence to established procedures.
- Operates Authority vehicles as an essential function of the position. Maintains vehicles and/or equipment in a clean and orderly manner. Reports any operating deficiencies to the appropriate Authority personnel. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development certificate and five (5) years of related trade experience with at least one year of experience as a journeyman mechanic or work leader.
- Thorough knowledge and skills to operate a variety of hand and machine tools. Knowledge and ability to operate a variety of lifting equipment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Operating License and a DC Water Vehicle Endorsement.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical safety.
- Knowledge and skill in reading and interpreting drawings and schematics.
- Skill in utilizing personal computer; working knowledge of software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and maintenance management systems).
- Incumbent is deemed an essential employee and is subject to be placed on call during hours and schedule identified by the Authority.
- In the event that an offer is extended, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screening.
Application must reference Job Title and Announcement No. 12-MS-4820-042A.
D.C. Water and Sewer Authority ~ Human Capital Management
5000 Overlook Avenue, SW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20032, Attn: Keith Greenidge
DC Water Job Line: 202 787-4000 DC Water Website: www.dcwater.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORK PLACE