The successful candidate will be expected to maximize the effectiveness of each of our maintenance and reliability functions in each of our facilities. This role will facilitate the continuous pursuit of maintenance excellence at all Johnsonville facilities along with creating a “global” team of maintenance professionals that perpetuate continuous improvement and thrive on problem resolution. This position is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to learn, develop, stretch and increase their contribution to Johnsonville.
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness:
You Get To:
- Create and maintain a continuous learning vehicle for sharing information between plants.
- Standardize corrective actions at all Johnsonville facilities once a multiple plant problem is identified and resolved.
- Drive the vision, execute the mission, and continuously improve the Maintenance Excellence Program within Johnsonville
- Sustain and continuously improve the Plant Maintenance module of SAP through customer interaction and data evaluation.
- With the facility plant engineers and maintenance managers, develop and execute a “Company Wide” skills assessment and future competency development plan for each of the facilities.
- Coach the engineering systems analyst position and help that member improve our total systems connectivity to improve the maintenance/MRO efficiency.
- Be the plants’ advocate for making needed changes in processes and procedures of Maintenance support areas such as MRO purchasing and Parts Inventory.
- Help develop and maintain consistent, efficient, and functional, work order, preventative maintenance and downtime systems.
- Research, implement, and monitor the latest technologies related to utility efficiency and sustainability at each of our facilities.
- Act as a mentor to each plant’s maintenance manager and help them achieve their development plan.
- Facilitate standardization within maintenance parts, services, procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Rationalize the expense budgeting process between facilities on a yearly basis.
- Drive improvements within each of the maintenance areas throughout the Company.
- Lead cross-functional teams to improve the overall effectiveness of the maintenance areas of the Company.
- Facilitate and coordinate maintenance audits.
- Create and achieve data based metrics for the maintenance functions throughout Johnsonville including but not limited to, costs and inventories.
- Lead the Company to Total Process Reliability and Reliability Centered Maintenance Protocols and beyond.
- Be instrumental in pursuing new technologies that will help each maintenance area improve their performance.
- Act as our “Internal Consultant” on all issues related to the maintenance and reliability function at Johnsonville.
- Drive productivity increases in each of our facilities through improved equipment reliability and the utilization of reliability engineering principles.
- Develop and execute the necessary processes needed to effectively preserve, track and accurately assess the Company’s fixed asset base.
- Minimum of 7 years of proven successful combined maintenance and engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering related field
- Demonstrated personal growth for self and those you have coached.
- Proven coaching and leadership abilities in the development of individual members and teams.
- The following certifications are desired: maintenance and reliability professional, vibration analysis certification, infrared analysis certification, and ultrasound analysis certification.
- Proven track record of managing projects; experience in a USDA regulated facility preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present successfully to groups of members.
- Proven ability in driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- The ability to successfully accomplish the above initiatives within a team environment while encouraging a fun atmosphere for both you and the facility.
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time
Coach for the position: Director of Engineering
Location: Global Headquarters
Member status: Full Time
Job Classification: Salaried
How to Apply:
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses