The Oil & Gas Industry Business Development Manager position requires meeting/exceeding annual booking targets and successful execution of growth initiatives with and through the Sales Channels in North America, while supporting multiple divisions of the company.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Product/Solution Growth Initiatives
- Develop and execute a comprehensive growth strategy and action plan for assigned industry & sales channels. Establish a Sales Performance Dashboard to track progress and report on results.
- Subject Matter Expertise; Technical, Applications, Competition
- Develop an in-depth knowledge on all of the products/systems within the Machinery Health Management portfolio and the ability to credibly communicate & apply that knowledge to their assigned industry through Solutions Selling methodology and expertise
- Project Pursuit Sales Support
- Lead and/or actively support project pursuit opportunities in collaboration with the Sales Channel or other business groups, Strategic Accounts.
- Key Account Targets, Support & Development
- Develop account penetration strategies and action plans on assigned key customers that have high value potential for the Machinery Health Management portfolio.
- Demos & Presentations
- Develop the ability to conduct live demonstrations & formal presentations that clearly communicates the capabilities and value of the Machinery Health Management solutions.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- There are no direct reports for this position. However, the ability to manage & influence an indirect sales channel to drive growth initiatives and market penetration is essential.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline or related field and minimum ten (10) years industry experience; five (5) of which must be in proven sales, business development or marketing results. Specific proven experience in the areas of Online Machinery Systems, Turbo-Machinery and Vibration Analysis is highly preferred
This position requires an average of 50% travel
Competency in Microsoft Office applications and usage
Knowledge of relevant industrial software applications
Exceptional team player and Solutions Selling expertise