At United States Steel Corporation, our strength is our people. Our 45,000 dedicated, diverse and innovative employees across North America and Europe contribute to our company in creative ways every day and have helped us maintain our position as a Fortune 500 company. U. S. Steel’s operations are efficient and high tech and our customer focus intense. We’ve been making steel for more than 105 years, always with an eye to making it better, faster and more cost effectively. U. S. Steel has a Vision for the future - Making Steel. World Competitive - Building Value.
Engineering is a core component of our business and key to our success as one of the world’s largest steel producers.
U. S. Steel manufactures a wide range of value-added steel sheet and tubular products for the automotive, appliance, container, industrial machinery, construction, and oil and gas industries.
Our Facilities operate 24/7, 365 days a year. Position may require rotating work schedules, weekends and/or holidays.
Management Associate - Maintenance and Operations positions are entry-level roles designed to provide wide ranging, value- added exposure to prepare the college graduate for future advancements and supervisory responsibilities within both the Plant and Headquarters environments. Management Associates are provided 12-24 months of training across multiple functional areas with work assignments designed to assist with personal and skill-set development. This role may include a rotational assignment within the department.
- Apply engineering and/or business principles and problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment to ensure maximum operating efficiency while handling the pressure of managing a production crew in a heavily unionized environment.
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the efforts of experienced technicians to keep the production operations running at maximum efficiency with minimum interruption; consult with other production and maintenance managers, plant engineers, staff professionals, and outside equipment manufacturers; and select, train, and supervise employees.
- Make design modifications to existing equipment to reduce maintenance improve reliability and improve product quality. Performing equipment failure analysis and making appropriate recommendations.
- Review proposed equipment replacement or upgrades, including capital projects with multi-million dollar budgets.
- Work with consultants and equipment vendors to ensure process requirements and applicable standards and codes are met.
- Engage in maintenance planning functions to minimize downtime; investigate process improvements and participate in facilities upgrades.
Basic Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have at least 2.75 GPA, will accept 2.5 with experience
- Graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
- Must have less than three years of professional work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive computer skills with Microsoft Office products
- Strong organization, communication, and problem solving skills
- Prior internship a plus
United States Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
Location: Mountain Iron, MN