Hydrotex is seeking to hire a Director of Sales to lead their Food Processing Market Segment. The selected candidate will be responsible for executing the strategy and to deliver on all of the tactical activities.
This individual will be the face of the Food Processing market segment and will manage new business development and customer growth using analytical methods to find the best fit to Hydrotex. This is a full time position and is based in Dallas, Texas, at the company headquarters and will report to the Vice President of Business Development.
Near Term Accountabilities:
- After an initial 90 day training and orientation period, the candidate will be accountable for successfully executing the Food Processing business plan.
- The candidate will immediately become a project team member with all currently scheduled lubrication management projects (in various phases of completion), and ensure the customer expectations are met and Hydrotex independent sales team members that are involved.
- Perform physical plant inspections and walk through to gather required information needed to identify reliability targets within new and current regional and national accounts.
- It is expected that all projects are implemented using Hydrotex’s continuous improvement methodologies and to follow the proper protocols and procedures GMPs and SOPs in a variety of food processing plants.
- Use analytical methods to identify additional Food Processing growth targets that are the best fit to the Hydrotex structure and culture.
- The candidate is expected to become the company expert for lubrication management in the Food Processing market segment.
- Follow-up on open proposals and take the actions necessary to advance the Hydrotex processes and gain customer acceptance.
- Partnering with customers and Hydrotex independent sales team and report on new business development and market segment trends.
- Prepare cost estimates, proposals and contracts, and manage programs as needed.
Required skills, experience and attitudes include:
- Hydrotex places a high value on an individual’s character and feel that a principle driven mindset is key to success within the company.
- High Tech/ High Touch approach to workplace expectations - positive, proactive behaviors required.
- 3 to 5 years in Manager or Director level positions in industrial sales, selling into any or all of the key Food Processing business areas - Meat packing, Milling, Bottling/Canning Operations, Bakeries and/or Dairies.
- This position requires a blended skillset of consultative selling, project management, and Food Processing equipment services, maintenance and reliability.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Business in Management, Marketing or Finance is required, however a Mechanical Engineering degree or background is preferred.
- Formal education in Project Management or Sales Development would be a valuable asset.
- Previous experience as a sales engineer for a food processing equipment manufacturer is valued, or experience as a large facility general maintenance manager strongly preferred.
- Strategy development and implementation to grow company’s food processing market segment sales and market share.
- Familiar with reliability and maintenance practices of food processing equipment, plant operation processes, layout, continuous improvement and design.
- Understanding of FDA food safety standards and NSF H1 lubricants a plus.
- Must be comfortable working with multiple levels within key and national accounts, from plant maintenance to senior executives.
- Ideal candidate would have a strong understanding for maintenance and reliability practices, along with experience in writing proposals, negotiating agreements and the ability to close.
- Work well cross-functionally - partnering across all corporate functions - product development, technical response team and executive staff, along with our national sales team of independent representatives.
- Travel will be 50% of the time, it is expected that weekends are to be spent at home.
- This role is expected to become the next Vice President of Sales for the Food Processing market segment.
Location: Dallas, TX