Develop, implement and lead the site reliability engineering program for all facilities, including critical utilities and production equipment.
Responsible for the effectiveness of the site reliability program. Develops relevant metrics and tracks effectiveness of program against these metrics.
In collaboration with engineering and maintenance, optimizes the preventative maintenance program by adjusting frequency and type of work based on historical data analysis.
Develop procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects of existing and new equipment, and support shutdown planning activities.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for site reliability engineering program including criticality analysis, trend evaluation, root cause analysis, failure rate analysis and comparison to industry norms, leading of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and providing guidance on CAPAs to ensure root cause is addressed.
- Develop and manage a program to identify most unreliable equipment using AMMS data including work order history, spare parts usage, and repetitive work orders. Complete root cause analysis and develop improvement strategies and tactics, including OEMs, technical training, and equipment replacement strategies.
- In close cooperation with all maintenance groups, optimize the preventative maintenance program. Identify and remove low-value tasks, revise PM intervals based on task type, asset utilization, environment, data review and industry guidelines. Strengthen PMs where data and analysis identify a gap.
- Develop procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects of exisiting and new equipment and support shutdown planning activities.
- Lead projects in areas of yield improvement, efficiency and lean methodology. Manage smaller reliability improvement projects. Devise methods to develop and improve engineering standards and work practices
- Coach and mentor engineering and maintenance staff on reliability engineering tools, systems and processes to drive a mindset of equipment reliability. Instruct in the use of tools and ensure knowledge transfer to engineering and maintenance staff.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering OR Chemistry AND/OR Professional Training
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of other software applications relevant to the job including Trackwise, MfgPro, AMMS.
- Demonstrated knowledge in reliability engineering tools, including vibration analysis, infrared thermography, FMEA, motor circuit analysis, ultrasonic measurement, and others.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written coupled with strong presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of management and personnel within the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) as specified in the CFR, Eudralex, and USP/EP Pharmacopeia & BVL policies and SOPs.
- Experience with Microsoft Project. Strong knowledge, understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of Project Management.
- 4 to 6 years of leadership experience
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum six years experience in a fast paced, low profit margin manufacturing environment, such as food industry, beverage industry, aeronautics, over-the counter (OTC) drugs, etc.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree - Associates Degree coupled with 10 years of experience in engineering or operations working in a fast paced, low profit margin manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients’ lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
- Engineering/Site Services
- Americas-United States-Ohio-Bedford
- Americas-United States-Ohio-Cleveland
- Ben Venue Labs
Location: Bedford, Ohio