The Reliability Specialist will utilize reliability principles and tools to evaluate maintenance strategies for Process Safety Management (PSM) critical assets. The candidate will work closely with site resources to review, modify, enhance and/or create maintenance routines, task lists, define frequencies for equipment maintenance in facilities and recommend applicable and cost-effective predictive technologies.
MISTRAS Group, Inc.
- Develop and implement risk based and reliability centered maintenance strategies to support asset reliability and regulatory compliance for PSM process equipment.
- Support site PSM requirements for MOC’s, PSSR’s, Mechanical Integrity inspection follow ups, and other related mandatory issues as required.
- Develop, report, and maintain appropriate Maintenance and Reliability KPI’s
- Interpret and analyze component and system failure data (e.g. MTBF, MTTR, OEE, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc reliability analyses and risk assessments for a component/system/process and through the identification and characterization of failures, revise the maintenance/operating/inspection procedures as required for preventive/mitigation actions.
- Interpret mechanical based standards in their application to reliability projects and maintenance activities
- Support site turnaround planning, scheduling, and execution
- Provide technical support for major overhauls and repairs to critical rotating equipment.
- Monitor site predictive and preventive maintenance programs (e.g. vibration analysis, lubrication programs, ultrasonic program-mechanical portion) and supervise Mistras PdM specialists on site.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) or equivalent maintenance experience
- Certified in at least 2 PdM Technologies. (e.g. Vibration, Oil Analysis, Thermography, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficient use of a CMMS for mining reliability data (MAXIMO experience a plus)
- Experience employing Reliability Center Maintenance (RCM) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methods in a Process Safety Management (PSM) environment
- Functional knowledge of primary predictive technologies such as Vibration, Infrared Thermography, Oil Analysis Ultrasonic and Electric Motor Diagnostic/Motor Current Analysis
- Strong working knowledge of fixed and rotating equipment and piping
- Ability to listen and understand information and ideas and to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely through oral and written communication.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to solving problems.
- Team player able to work and communicate effectively across all organizational levels.
Location: Port Lavaca, TX