At United States Steel Corporation, our strength is our people. Our 45,000 dedicated, diverse and innovative employees across North America and Europe contribute to our company in creative ways every day and have helped us maintain our position as a Fortune 500 company.
U. S. Steel’s operations are efficient and high tech and our customer focus intense. We’ve been making steel for more than 105 years, always with an eye to making it better, faster and more cost effectively. U. S. Steel has a Vision for the future - Making Steel. World Competitive - Building Value.
From the high-strength, light-weight steels that make automobiles safer, sleeker, and more fuel efficient - to the steel framing that makes our homes stronger and safer - our products build quality of life for people around the world. At U. S. Steel, our vision is Making Steel. World Competitive. Building Value - and we are seeking talented, motivated, and skilled people to help us achieve it. United States Steel is currently seeking a Plant Reliability Engineer for our Great Lakes Works, Ecorse, MI location. The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will originate and develop analysis methods for determining reliability components, equipment and processes to maximize asset life and productivity.
RCM - Plant Reliability Specialist II
The Plant Reliability Engineer will provide ongoing technical support to Operating units for the identification of opportunities to increase the reliability of equipment assets to world-class standards. This person will create an atmosphere that supports continuous knowledge transfer between Operating units at the plant level.
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction in the implementation of Maintenance Reliability strategies across all Flat Roll manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for development and execution of multiple improvement programs and projects across the Maintenance and Reliability functions. Provide technical expertise and support to ensure that Preventative / Predictive Programs, Maintenance Planning Processes are executed to meet current and long term objectives.
- Responsible for providing leadership, direction and assistance in conducting analysis of system maintainability and reliability studies of equipment; develop and utilize appropriate surveillance and feedback systems to generate and evaluate data.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of systems and subsystems within a manufacturing environment.
- Conduct field analysis of operations, investigations, evaluation and reviews and provide feedback to appropriate functional groups including executive staff.
- Knowledge of the Rolling and Finishing process is a benefit.
- Identify Operational delays and lead activities for problem-solving and continuous improvement activities. Based on analysis, develops and helps implement engineering solutions to issues which negatively impact plant operations.
- Develop monthly progress reports for Operating areas under your responsibility. Reporting to include quality issues and production delays and status of countermeasures and Reliability activities implemented to address those issues.
- Develop effective PM’s for equipment to support business unit metrics.
- Provide direction for Quality Inspection Teams and other support groups to assist Operating units and meet Business Plan objectives.
- Interact with other Operating facilities to ensure consistent practices are maintained.
- B.S. in Engineering, 4-year Technical Degree is required. 5-10 Years of experience in a maintenance/engineering environment with experience in managing and/or implementing Reliability processes.
- Level and compensation based on experience.
U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Location: Ecorse, MI