As a Reliability Software Test Engineer, you’ll be responsible for creating stress test software to evaluate robustness of next-generation hardware. This is a hands-on work environment where engineers are expected to be self-motivated and able to support several projects concurrently.
- Solid object-oriented design skills
- Proficiency with Unix command-line tools
- Experience with shell scripting (Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Development experience on the Mac or iOS (Objective-C or Swift, Cocoa)
- Effective communication skills
- Worked with source revision control systems (git, Subversion, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of OS X
- Ability to handle several fast-paced projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with developing for embedded systems (Arduino or similar)
- Experience with a test harness or automated test framework
- Passion for quality and attention to details
- 2 years of SW Eng. experience preferred
This engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop automated stress test software that accelerates aging of prototype devices, systems, and modules by simulating customer use.
- Create tools that record and analyze sensor data during environmental stress tests.
- Design stress tests to expose potential design weaknesses in prototype hardware.
- Create data collection tools to help define hardware robustness specifications.
- Work with diagnostics teams to ensure products have comprehensive functional test coverage.
- Create data analysis/visualization tools to monitor progress of remote testbeds.
- Work with contract manufacturers to ensure test software is running as expected.
BS or MS in CS/EE/CompE preferred
Location: Santa Clara Valley, CA