Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) is more than just software. A successful EAM solution requires a complete program dependent on four core elements: People, Process, Systems and Data. EDI’s business consulting group has experts that understand the importance of each of these elements and the impact that each has on the effectiveness of an EAM program. We are well versed in the building blocks of world class maintenance and are capable of identifying improvement opportunities, charting a course towards maintenance best practices and cultivating real change in an organization to support a complete EAM program.
Our clients include some of the largest biotechnology companies in the world, some of the busiest international airports, and many organizations in other asset intensive industries. Our projects include instituting best maintenance practices, configuration and implementation of top tier EAM applications, integration with other enterprise level systems, and development of original applications, where required. EDI is looking for an experienced EAM Consultant to join our team of consultants to help our customer’s organization upgrade its EAM philosophy, people and processes in addition to upgrading their EAM system.
Basic Job Purpose:
Our EAM implementation consultants provide excellent customer service while being a catalyst for change in our customer’s organization. The functional consultant works as a consulting team member for implementation, enhancement, integration, configuration, and deployment of a EAM program. Expertise and work efforts are focused on the analysis of the customer’s business goals, objectives, and requirements for maintenance programs. The consultant serves as pre-sales support specialist when needed to perform assessments, demos, and sales calls. Duties are usually performed at customer’s site under minimal supervision. Typically works on a team lead by a Project Manager and supported by a Technical Lead and reports to the Manager of Consulting Services.
The ideal candidate will combine strong business functional knowledge with a skill set to analyze customer’s business requirements and maintenance objectives; develop functional project designs using maintenance best practices to meet the customer’s business goals.
Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills and client management expertise with the ability to deliver senior client level presentations. Highly developed analytical and deductive skills to identify and grasp client’s needs. Strong problem solving skills that will help quickly identify and resolve issues.
Usually requires experience in relevant industry business practices or business consulting in maintenance management. This position requires extensive travel (approx. 75%).
Specific Duties Include:
- Assessment of current asset and maintenance management processes
- Facilitation/documentation of EAM system design workshops
- Facilitation/documentation of process reengineering workshops
- Creation of project and system documentation including process maps, system requirements, data standards, and training materials
- Perform EAM system demonstrations
- Consulting/educating clients on EAM Best Practices
- Coordinating data design and collection activities
- Oversight of development, testing, and deployment of technical solutions
- Conduct training to customers
- Staying current on industry and system knowledge
- Support Sales in RFP responses and quotes
- Controlling scope of project design
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge of business procedures and practices in Maintenance Activities and Planning, Inventory Management, Procurement, and Software Development
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong problem solving skills, process mapping, and change management knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as liaison between company and customers
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- 3 - 5 years professional consulting experience in client environments
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise-wide software systems (ERP, CRM, EAM, SAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 50-75%
Location: St. Petersburg, FL