APG is seeking a Reliability Specialist to join our consulting group in the development of asset care programs that improve our client’s performance. Deployed in a team environment, the successful candidate will provide consulting services to address asset care needs. They will achieve real results by partnering with the client’s operations, maintenance and engineering staff at multiple levels within their organization. Data analysis, facilitation and knowledge transfer is a significant component of the work and will be supported by a set of advanced tools and solutions, most proprietary to APG.
APG is a consulting company specializing in the business of reliability. In industries with significant physical assets such as oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, and manufacturing, equipment reliability is an important driver of business results. Using a structured approach, APG helps clients deliver business outcomes such as profitability, safety, and environmental performance by developing and implementing proactive reliability and maintenance programs.
We are looking for a results-oriented team player with proven theoretical and practical knowledge of equipment reliability and maintenance. The position requires strong analytical skills along with the ability to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions. To perform the work, the thoughtful and inquisitive candidate must facilitate client workshops using strong verbal and written communication skills. They are also required to regularly collaborate with coworkers and clients throughout the project lifecycle to turn workshop developed designs into real and effective programs. The candidate requires sustained energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude in all stages of projects is needed in order to be successful. We seek a candidate who can think reflectively and develop a solution that is sensible or reasonable in a given situation rather than always follow a prescriptive method.
We expect our people to hold themselves to the highest ethical standards. They must also be willing to regularly travel to customer sites when necessary. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the oil and gas, water and wastewater and/or electrical generation sectors. A solid education or proven experience in engineering and/or technology is a strong asset.
The position will eventually requires project management and leadership experience including the ability to deliver project on time, on scope and on budget. The successful candidate will understand how to provide result and value to our clients while also managing the business needs of the project. Finally, the candidate may expect assignment variations including consulting, track lead and project lead, all depending on the ever changing market needs
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop and convey business cases for asset reliability programs to decision-makers in client organization;
- Assess client’s current state against desired future performance and create plan to close gap;
- Work with various asset performance software and tools, including data capture, data analysis, interpretation and reporting;
- Facilitate working groups within client organizations, including helping to identify key members, training members in the principles and “how-to"s of asset care, motivating high performance and ensuring the group achieves targets;
- Ensure a cooperative and collaborative environment with project team and client stakeholders
- Write reports for clients summarizing achievements and recommending next steps;
- Communicate and share knowledge and lessons learned with rest of APG community;
- Directly contribute to development and enhancement of APG practices and solutions;
- Contribute positively to APG’s organizational culture, values and reputation;
- Pursue ongoing professional and personal self-development.
HOW TO APPLY:
Location: Canada - Calgary, AB or Burlington, ON