Lead a talented maintenance team to new levels of performance
Are you both strategically focused and results-oriented as a leader? We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Maintenance Manager with a relentless drive for continuous improvement, to provide leadership to a team of planners, supervisors and engineers who, in turn, support crews of mixed trades.
A champion of mill reliability and superior staff engagement, you’ll work closely with other members of the maintenance and operating teams to promote world-class safety, maximize the availability and efficiencies of our processes, and optimize technological advancements. An integral part of your success as Maintenance Manager will involve working with other managers to maximize cross-functional effectiveness.
As Maintenance Manager, you’ll be part of the senior management team along with being a hands-on team leader, with accountability for:
- assessing and managing risk for the safety of mill personnel, the environment and the business, and developing a world-class safety performance and environmental culture
- participating in developing and implementing the mill’s strategic plan
- contributing to the mill’s capital resource allocation planning and implementation
- ensuring that standardized procedures, policies and effective processes are developed, adopted and followed within their areas
- leading, coaching and mentoring direct reports to support high performance, employee development and succession planning
- developing and maintaining an operational plan for on-going cost management, budget control and performance management
- ensuring the long-term viability of the mill’s operating assets
- maintaining and improving an effective preventive maintenance system that maximizes equipment efficiency and reliability
- controlling and working to reduce maintenance costs against a set annual budget
- ensuring optimal results against performance metrics in failure rate and downtime of critical equipment, schedule compliance, work backlog, etc.
- ensuring the successful execution of the maintenance work program, from planning and scheduling to execution and follow-up, while ensuring regulatory compliance
- developing and nurturing a safe, high-performance, highly disciplined, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented workforce.
Ideally registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGBC, and holding an engineering degree, you may alternately possess an equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge and training in the field of industrial facility maintenance. With at least 5 years’ experience in a unionized industrial maintenance environment, supervising workers with diverse trade backgrounds, you bring:
- considerable knowledge of standard reliability-centred maintenance methods, principles, practices, tools and equipment
- the ability to monitor and evaluate programs and organizational performance to assess and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- a track record of leading improvements in Safety and Reliability performance, with a focus on utilizing all the skills and experiences of your employees.
About Catalyst Paper
A leading manufacturer of mechanical printing papers in western North America, Catalyst is every inch a paper company of today-efficient, customer focused and continually developing new products and new markets. We’re also a recognized leader in sustainable business practices and are proud to be ranked by Corporate Knights magazine as one of Canada’s 50 Best Corporate Citizens.
Based on the West Coast, our employees enjoy challenging careers and a relaxed pace of life close to pristine beaches and mountains, in one of Canada’s mildest climates. You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment. Your unique skills and talents will find a good home here.
Location: Crofton, BC