ABB wins three-year maintenance partnership agreement in Oman
ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has announced that its local company in Oman, ABB Oman LLC has signed a three-year maintenance agreement for Vale’s state-of-the-art iron ore pellet plant and distribution center in Oman. This maintenance partnership agreement will be a continuation from the current agreement where ABB is responsible for the management and planning of the entire commissioning phase of the project.
Vale is investing $1.3 billion dollars in the new direct reduction iron ore pelletizing plant and distribution center, located in Sohar Industrial Port in Oman. For Vale, it will be the first pelletizing operation outside of Brazil. The initial annual production capacity of the plant will be 9 million tons and once completed the site’s distribution center will have a capacity of handling 40 million tons.
Scheduled for start-up in late 2010, the facility will cater to the Middle East steel industry’s growing demand for iron ore and pellets. The new plant will operate with 720 employees, of which 202 employees will be part of ABB’s maintenance team at the site. ABB will be active in both hiring and providing ongoing development of local Omani Nationals within their work team.
The ABB agreement will cover the development and execution of all maintenance activities at the plant. ABB will manage the entire maintenance crew to ensure that mechanical and electrical maintenance regimes, shutdown management, planning and scheduling, as well as reliability maintenance are completed according to the ABB’s maintenance outsourcing concept.
“By combining our engineering and project management excellence with the ABBs’ maintenance concept during the commissioning period, we will provide higher process and equipment reliability, maximum operating efficiency with reduced life cycle cost for this plant from day one,” said Saeed Fahim, country manager for ABB in Oman. “Our long-term working collaboration with Vale and deep process knowledge of their operations were important factors in securing this contract.”
- Relegen Unveils Biggest Upgrade Program Yet for AssetDNA
- Bentley Adds MANAGEservices Offering for Construction Managers through Acquisition of EADOC Cloud
- Environet® Asset Promises Future Solutions Today
- Reliable Manufacturing to Present at the 2015 International Applied Reliability Symposium, Europe
- BIM for FM - YouBIM on One of Latin America’s Biggest Hydroelectric Plants
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- Performing Condition Monitoring the Old Way? Try the Smart Way.
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- Motor Testing Books
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Commtest - Affordable Vibration Analysis
- R300SR for When Good Enough – Isn’t Enough!
- Allied Reliability Group Inspired Training: Hard-Hitting, Impactful Courses and Workshops
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Noise and Vibration Measurement & Analysis Solutions
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- Free eBook: “5 Critical Components in Your RCA Program”
- Reliability Engineering Services
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions