ABB wins three-year maintenance partnership agreement in Oman
ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has announced that its local company in Oman, ABB Oman LLC has signed a three-year maintenance agreement for Vale’s state-of-the-art iron ore pellet plant and distribution center in Oman. This maintenance partnership agreement will be a continuation from the current agreement where ABB is responsible for the management and planning of the entire commissioning phase of the project.
Vale is investing $1.3 billion dollars in the new direct reduction iron ore pelletizing plant and distribution center, located in Sohar Industrial Port in Oman. For Vale, it will be the first pelletizing operation outside of Brazil. The initial annual production capacity of the plant will be 9 million tons and once completed the site’s distribution center will have a capacity of handling 40 million tons.
Scheduled for start-up in late 2010, the facility will cater to the Middle East steel industry’s growing demand for iron ore and pellets. The new plant will operate with 720 employees, of which 202 employees will be part of ABB’s maintenance team at the site. ABB will be active in both hiring and providing ongoing development of local Omani Nationals within their work team.
The ABB agreement will cover the development and execution of all maintenance activities at the plant. ABB will manage the entire maintenance crew to ensure that mechanical and electrical maintenance regimes, shutdown management, planning and scheduling, as well as reliability maintenance are completed according to the ABB’s maintenance outsourcing concept.
“By combining our engineering and project management excellence with the ABBs’ maintenance concept during the commissioning period, we will provide higher process and equipment reliability, maximum operating efficiency with reduced life cycle cost for this plant from day one,” said Saeed Fahim, country manager for ABB in Oman. “Our long-term working collaboration with Vale and deep process knowledge of their operations were important factors in securing this contract.”
- Reliable Manufacturing to Present at the 2015 International Applied Reliability Symposium, Europe
- BIM for FM - YouBIM on One of Latin America’s Biggest Hydroelectric Plants
- Bentley Adds Process Safety and Risk Management Capabilities to AssetWise APM
- Dematic Expands Operations in Mexico
- Bentley Acquires Acute3D to Advance Reality Modeling
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- Reliability Centered Maintenance for SAP Plant Maintenance
- Motor Testing Books
- Noise and Vibration Measurement & Analysis Solutions
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- Transform SAP EAM From An Electronic Rolodex into a Performance Management System
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- Performing Condition Monitoring the Old Way? Try the Smart Way.
- Free eBook: “5 Critical Components in Your RCA Program”
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- Commtest - Affordable Vibration Analysis
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions
- R300S for When Good Enough – Isn’t Enough!
- Allied Reliability Group Inspired Training: Hard-Hitting, Impactful Courses and Workshops
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- Reliability Engineering Services
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- Get Ready for Forecasting! The 7 Steps for Success with Prognostics
- Where Do You Draw the Line with Warranties?
- Give Your Team a Compass, Not a Roadmap
- Uptime Award Winners 2014
- Using Effective EAM to Improve Asset Utilization & Reduce Costs
- Separate Yourself from the Pack: Follow Up
- Maintenance Triage: Identifying Sick and Injured Assets to Improve Population Health
- How to Proactively Run What You Have Now
- Let’s do a Root Cause Analysis on the AMS
- The Journey to Reliability Uncovers a ‘Hidden Plant’ Within the Walls
- The 5S Method of Improvement - Enhancing Safety, Productivity and Culture
- Benchmarking, Best Practices, Standardization… Development or Envelopment?
- Electric Motor Bearing Greasing Basics (8)
- How Do Continuous Improvement Management Philosophies Relate to the Maintenance Function? (2)
- Maintenance of Hydraulic Systems (3)
- Resonance - Machinery Rock & Roll
- Aerial Infrared – An Asset Management Tool for District Heating System Operators
- Reliabilityweb.com 100 Top Web Sites
- Asset Management: concepts and practices (8)
- Cintas Discovers Keys to Organizational Change Through CMMS Rollout (2)
- March 3
Apollo Root Cause Analysis Facilitator Course - Ocean Grove, Australia
- March 9
Asset Condition Management Training Conference
- March 10
Predictive Maintenance Strategy
- March 10
Reliability Excellence for Managers
- March 10
Apollo Root Cause Analysis Facilitator Course - Aberdeen, UK
- March 10
2015 SMRP IndyCon
- March 11
Apollo Root Cause Analysis Facilitator Course - Houston, TX
- March 12
Managing Reliability Centered Maintenance - Aberdeen, UK
- March 13
Reducing Maintenance/MRO Inventories
- March 16
Preventive Maintenance/Essential Care & Condition Monitoring (PM/ECCM)