ABB wins three-year maintenance partnership agreement in Oman
ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has announced that its local company in Oman, ABB Oman LLC has signed a three-year maintenance agreement for Vale’s state-of-the-art iron ore pellet plant and distribution center in Oman. This maintenance partnership agreement will be a continuation from the current agreement where ABB is responsible for the management and planning of the entire commissioning phase of the project.
Vale is investing $1.3 billion dollars in the new direct reduction iron ore pelletizing plant and distribution center, located in Sohar Industrial Port in Oman. For Vale, it will be the first pelletizing operation outside of Brazil. The initial annual production capacity of the plant will be 9 million tons and once completed the site’s distribution center will have a capacity of handling 40 million tons.
Scheduled for start-up in late 2010, the facility will cater to the Middle East steel industry’s growing demand for iron ore and pellets. The new plant will operate with 720 employees, of which 202 employees will be part of ABB’s maintenance team at the site. ABB will be active in both hiring and providing ongoing development of local Omani Nationals within their work team.
The ABB agreement will cover the development and execution of all maintenance activities at the plant. ABB will manage the entire maintenance crew to ensure that mechanical and electrical maintenance regimes, shutdown management, planning and scheduling, as well as reliability maintenance are completed according to the ABB’s maintenance outsourcing concept.
“By combining our engineering and project management excellence with the ABBs’ maintenance concept during the commissioning period, we will provide higher process and equipment reliability, maximum operating efficiency with reduced life cycle cost for this plant from day one,” said Saeed Fahim, country manager for ABB in Oman. “Our long-term working collaboration with Vale and deep process knowledge of their operations were important factors in securing this contract.”
- Trimble Introduced the Latest Version of its Smart Water Mapping and Work Management Cloud Software
- MIMOSA and Fiatech join Solutions 2.0
- New Dream Report Version 4.64 Release
- CIO Review Recognizes Petrotechnics as a Leading Enterprise Risk Management Solution Provider
- Top Reliability Companies in 5 Best Of Categories Win People’s Choice Solution Awards
- IoT CrowdChat! Chat with the Experts
- Where Do We Start Our Improvement Program?
- New AMP Guidelines To Prevent Bearing Over-Lubrication
- Q & A ‘All about the Data’: An Interview with Redbird’s Emmanuel de Maistre
- Breakthrough Technology for Maintenance Inspections
- Drone Inspection for IBM Maximo
- Why Drones Are the Next Internet
- Reliability through Optimized Setup and Changeovers Part 2
- Developing Asset Management Plans
- The Art of Balance
- The 5S Method of Improvement - Enhancing Safety, Productivity and Culture
- Benchmarking, Best Practices, Standardization… Development or Envelopment?
- Electric Motor Bearing Greasing Basics (8)
- How Do Continuous Improvement Management Philosophies Relate to the Maintenance Function? (2)
- Maintenance of Hydraulic Systems (3)
- Resonance - Machinery Rock & Roll
- Asset Management: concepts and practices (8)
- Aerial Infrared – An Asset Management Tool for District Heating System Operators
- Reliabilityweb.com 100 Top Web Sites
- Cintas Discovers Keys to Organizational Change Through CMMS Rollout (2)
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- Motor Testing Books
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions
- Performing Condition Monitoring the Old Way? Try the Smart Way.
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?