CorDEX Launches Intelligent Infrared Windows to Help Comply With Electrical Safety Standards
MIDDLESBROUGH, England, /PRNewswire via COMTEX/—New technology and industry-leading smartphone app will significantly cut inspection times and streamline monitoring process.
CorDEX Instruments has designed and manufactured a brand new range of Intelligent Infrared Windows which will increase the speed and effectiveness of electrical infrared inspection and thermal imaging and also significantly reduce costs.
The company’s IW3000 and IW4000 Infrared (IR) Windows will help companies comply with NFPA70E electrical safety standards and are fully certified and tested to UL50, UL50V and UL1558 and take inspection and predictive maintenance to a new level of safety, efficiency and accuracy.
IR windows allow engineers to inspect hundreds of electrical connections and components through a data collection point, while never opening the energised electrical equipment. Modern IR windows are designed to protect against the risk of arc flash hazards which can pose significant safety challenges wherever industrial electrical equipment is used. An arc flash is a type of electrical explosion which can be triggered by a variety of electro-mechanical and accidental causes.
To coincide with the launch, CorDEX has also developed a smartphone app which for the first time allows engineers to use the company’s specialist software during IR Window inspections in the field.
CorDEX has built a strong reputation of developing and manufacturing products which are made for hazardous environments and its Intelligent IR windows allow inspections to be carried out with minimum fuss and without the need to shut down the equipment or use bulky protective clothing while it is live.
Business Development Director, Marcus Halliday, said: “As electrical equipment is upgraded around the world to meet modern industry standards the need for effective electrical infrared inspection and thermal imaging will continue to grow.
“Our IW series of Intelligent Infrared Windows has been developed and tested to the highest industry standards and combined with our industry-leading software and smartphone app will save valuable time in the field as well as make the monitoring process more efficient and cost effective.”
CorDEX’s Intelligent IR Windows use a unique and simple quarter turn fixing and spring-loaded hinged cover which dramatically reduces the time spent on regular inspections and saves up to ten seconds per window when compared with some competitors. They are also completely removable and reusable, helping to reduce future capital costs.
The windows are also supplied with downloadable CorDEX CONNECT and RoutePLANNIR software packages which give users the ability to, track, monitor and correct data collected from individual windows. Using Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and barcode features, engineers can also input and log readings, calibration maps and algorithms against individual windows or access specific transmission correction figures, create maintenance scheduling and plan inspection routes.
The company has also developed a smartphone app which will allow engineers to use of the software on-site while inspecting its IW Series Intelligent IR Windows. The free app provides the ability to create installation lists, tag details and photos with specific IW Series Windows and email any requests to the user’s purchasing department or a local distributor.
The app’s transmission function also allows the user to obtain IW Series Window specific transmission data by entering the windows’ serial code or scanning the barcode. Temperature readings for the windows can be recorded manually to obtain the transmission correction. Users can also use the app to contact a CorDEX representative should they require any assistance.
CorDEX Instruments has developed a range of bespoke hand-held technologies ideally suited to the hazardous environments of the energy industry. Manufactured in the UK to the highest possible standards, its intrinsically safe and explosion-proof equipment eliminates the need for shutdown or hot work permits in Non Destructive Testing (NDT) and inspection.
CorDEX has a network of distributors across the North America, South America, Africa, Australasia, Europe, South East Asia and the Middle East. For more information, visit http://www.irwindows.com
- Reliability Polls and Quizzes
- Give Work a Chance!
- CMMS Cost Justification: How Do You Justify the Purchase of a New CMMS System?
- Missing Link in Work Management
- Reliability Milestones Reached by Plant-Wide Oil Mist Systems
- Business Analytics
- Engagement - A Maintenance Story
- Why Drive Change? (3)
- Delayed Retribution - The Demise of Skilled Trades Apprenticeship Programs (1)
- Did You Get the Memo? A tongue-in-cheek look at the vicious cycle of corporate insanity
- Reliability Polls and Quizzes
- Electric Motor Bearing Greasing Basics (7)
- The 5S Method of Improvement - Enhancing Safety, Productivity and Culture
- Aerial Infrared – An Asset Management Tool for District Heating System Operators
- Asset Management: concepts and practices (8)
- Maintenance of Hydraulic Systems (3)
- CBM 2011 Video Proceedings (2)
- Improving on the Fishbone Effective Cause-and-Effect Analysis (2)
- Reliabilityweb.com 100 Top Web Sites
- Root Cause Failure Analysis Web Workshops
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- Reliability Engineering Services
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- GPAllied Inspired Training: Hard-Hitting, Impactful Courses and Workshops.
- New eBook: “6 Steps beyond 5 Whys”
- R300S for When Good Enough – Isn’t Enough!
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?
- Motor Testing Books
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- Noise and Vibration Measurement & Analysis Solutions
- Transform SAP EAM From An Electronic Rolodex into a Performance Management System
- Reliability Centered Maintenance for SAP Plant Maintenance
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Commtest - Affordable Vibration Analysis
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals