GRAPHALLOY® Bushings Outperform Metal Wear Parts in CO2 Service
Yonkers, NY - GRAPHALLOY® wear rings and bushings from Graphite Metallizing Corporation provide performance superior to standard metal stationary and rotating wear parts in pumps for CO2 service in oil field applications. Self-lubricating GRAPHALLOY®, a graphite/metal alloy, eliminates concern about bearing failures or possible flashing of CO2.
The ability to operate without additional lubrication is important in CO2 injection applications because CO2 has low lubricity. Standard metal wear parts rely on the lubricity of the liquid being pumped for proper operation so they are prone to failures in pumps used to inject CO2. In addition, due to high suction pressure required to keep CO2 as a dense phase liquid, flashing is always a possibility.
CO2 injection in older, low flowing wells is becoming an increasingly popular method for permeating rock formations and forcing more oil to the surface. Many older wells still contain vast amounts of oil locked in the pores of rock layers deep underground. CO2 injection often releases more oil in older wells than can be released by water injection.
“Use of self-lubricating, non-galling GRAPHALLOY® materials in pumps for CO2 service provides substantial cost savings by avoiding expensive downtime and field repairs caused by wear part failures,” said Eben Walker, General Manager of Graphite Metallizing Corporation. “GRAPHALLOY® is currently the material of choice for many oil field applications in North America and around the world.”
GRAPHALLOY® wear rings and bushings operate at longer intervals without the need for replacements or maintenance which helps reduce downtime and maintenance expenses. GRAPHALLOY® is an excellent choice for any application where service and maintenance tasks are cumbersome or difficult to perform. GRAPHALLOY® is a proven solution for even the most challenging plant maintenance and new equipment design applications.
- VibrAlign Introduces the Fixturlaser NXA Pro Laser Shaft Alignment System
- LUDECA, Inc. released 2nd video in a series of Crash Course Videos titled “Machine Train Alignment
- Alignment Supplies, Inc. Announces ALiSENSOR™ LEVEL VF + iPad Mini Giveaway
- Introducing the new Schenck office in México City
- Alignment Supplies, Inc. Unveils Eagerly Anticipated Flatness App for ALiSENSOR LEVEL
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- Commtest - Affordable Vibration Analysis
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- Noise and Vibration Measurement & Analysis Solutions
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Reliability Centered Maintenance for SAP Plant Maintenance
- Reliability Engineering Services
- R300S for When Good Enough – Isn’t Enough!
- GPAllied Inspired Training: Hard-Hitting, Impactful Courses and Workshops.
- Transform SAP EAM From An Electronic Rolodex into a Performance Management System
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?
- New eBook: “6 Steps beyond 5 Whys”
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- Motor Testing Books
- Reliability Polls and Quizzes
- Certification & Job Performance
- Getting a Grip on Maintenance Costs with Asset-Based Budgeting
- Book Review: Maintenance Storerooms and MRO Made Simple
- Q&A - Anthony “Mac” Smith
- Recent Impacts of e-Procurement on the MRO Industry (Maintenance, Repair and Operations)
- Non-Intrusive Continuous Asset Management Is Here
- ULTRASOUND The Final Frontier… Or, Is It?
- Give Work a Chance!
- CMMS Cost Justification: How Do You Justify the Purchase of a New CMMS System?
- Reliability Polls and Quizzes
- The 5S Method of Improvement - Enhancing Safety, Productivity and Culture
- Electric Motor Bearing Greasing Basics (7)
- Aerial Infrared – An Asset Management Tool for District Heating System Operators
- Asset Management: concepts and practices (8)
- Maintenance of Hydraulic Systems (3)
- CBM 2011 Video Proceedings (2)
- Improving on the Fishbone Effective Cause-and-Effect Analysis (2)
- Reliabilityweb.com 100 Top Web Sites
- Root Cause Failure Analysis Web Workshops