Ray Hardee, P.E., CEO of Engineered Software Recognized by the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems
LACEY, Washington-April 30, 2009-Ray Hardee, P.E., CEO of Engineered Software, Inc., was recognized by the Hydraulic Institute (HI) for his contributions as a key member serving on the Hydraulic Institute/Pump Systems Matter “Optimizing Pumping Systems Guidebook” (OPS) Committee, which led to publication of the 250+ page guide in 2008.
Hardee has contributed dozens of articles and papers to various magazines and standards publications and has recently published his own book, “Piping System Fundamentals.” His latest contributions to the new guide follow on his companywide practice of promoting efficiency in all aspects of energy use.
Based on the collaborative efforts of twenty-two industry experts, the guide explains how optimizing both existing and new pumping systems, and purchasing based on lifecycle cost, can lead to increased profitability through a reduction in unnecessary, expensive energy consumption and maintenance costs.
“Auditing and optimizing existing pumping systems can reduce plant energy costs as much as 50%,” Hardee said. “The key is matching pumps properly to the system’s requirements, and changes such as these, will typically improve reliability and offer savings on MTBR (Mean Time between Repairs).”
The guide covers a range of topics including Pump Fundamentals, Pump and System Interaction, Calculating Cost of Ownership, Improving the Performance of Existing Pump Systems, Optimizing New Designs, Pumping System Economics, and Opportunities to Improve Lifecycle Performance.
“This is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in the design, engineering, and installation or servicing of pumping systems,” Hardee said. “The guide has made a significant contribution to the understanding of the subject matter among end-users and pump OEMs serving as the basis of new educational curriculum being designed around this issue.”
For information on purchasing the OPS Guide referenced above, please visit HI’s e-Store at http://estore.pumps.org
For information on author Ray Hardee, please visit http://eng-software.com/management.aspx
Engineered Software, Inc. is a sponsor of Pump Systems Matter (PSM), an organization created by HI to assist pump users and address strategic energy management and pump system performance and optimization. For more information about the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems Matter, please visit www.Pumps.org and www.PumpSystemsMatter.org
- What Chile Can Teach the World About Innovation
- Transformer Lifecycle and Risk Management
- Top Five Ways Your MRO Reliability Programs Can (And Will) Be Defeated
- Implementing Cultural Change That Will Last
- Green CMMS – the Engine of Sustainability
- The New Generation of Vibration Transmitters
- Predictive Maintenance Using Today’s Technology
- Four Ways a CMMS Can Help an Organization Reduce Its Impact on the Environment
- Asset Management Practices, Investments and Challenges 2014-2019
- New Technologies for Predictive Tools
- The 5S Method of Improvement - Enhancing Safety, Productivity and Culture
- Electric Motor Bearing Greasing Basics (8)
- Benchmarking, Best Practices, Standardization… Development or Envelopment?
- How Do Continuous Improvement Management Philosophies Relate to the Maintenance Function? (2)
- Aerial Infrared – An Asset Management Tool for District Heating System Operators
- Maintenance of Hydraulic Systems (3)
- Asset Management: concepts and practices (8)
- Reliabilityweb.com 100 Top Web Sites
- Cintas Discovers Keys to Organizational Change Through CMMS Rollout (2)
- Improving on the Fishbone Effective Cause-and-Effect Analysis (2)