Ray Hardee, P.E., CEO of Engineered Software Recognized by the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems
LACEY, Washington-April 30, 2009-Ray Hardee, P.E., CEO of Engineered Software, Inc., was recognized by the Hydraulic Institute (HI) for his contributions as a key member serving on the Hydraulic Institute/Pump Systems Matter “Optimizing Pumping Systems Guidebook” (OPS) Committee, which led to publication of the 250+ page guide in 2008.
Hardee has contributed dozens of articles and papers to various magazines and standards publications and has recently published his own book, “Piping System Fundamentals.” His latest contributions to the new guide follow on his companywide practice of promoting efficiency in all aspects of energy use.
Based on the collaborative efforts of twenty-two industry experts, the guide explains how optimizing both existing and new pumping systems, and purchasing based on lifecycle cost, can lead to increased profitability through a reduction in unnecessary, expensive energy consumption and maintenance costs.
“Auditing and optimizing existing pumping systems can reduce plant energy costs as much as 50%,” Hardee said. “The key is matching pumps properly to the system’s requirements, and changes such as these, will typically improve reliability and offer savings on MTBR (Mean Time between Repairs).”
The guide covers a range of topics including Pump Fundamentals, Pump and System Interaction, Calculating Cost of Ownership, Improving the Performance of Existing Pump Systems, Optimizing New Designs, Pumping System Economics, and Opportunities to Improve Lifecycle Performance.
“This is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in the design, engineering, and installation or servicing of pumping systems,” Hardee said. “The guide has made a significant contribution to the understanding of the subject matter among end-users and pump OEMs serving as the basis of new educational curriculum being designed around this issue.”
For information on purchasing the OPS Guide referenced above, please visit HI’s e-Store at http://estore.pumps.org
For information on author Ray Hardee, please visit http://eng-software.com/management.aspx
Engineered Software, Inc. is a sponsor of Pump Systems Matter (PSM), an organization created by HI to assist pump users and address strategic energy management and pump system performance and optimization. For more information about the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems Matter, please visit www.Pumps.org and www.PumpSystemsMatter.org
- Alignment and Balancing
- Asset Management
- CMMS and EAM
- Competency-Based Learning
- Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Green Reliability
- Human Capital Management
- Infrared Thermal Imaging
- Machinery Lubrication
- Motor Testing
- MRO - Spares Management
- Oil Analysis
- Operational Excellence
- Operator-Driven Reliability
- Planning and Scheduling
- PM Optimization
- Asset Condition Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Reliability Engineering
- Reliability Leadership
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance
- Root Cause Analysis
- Ultrasound Testing
- Vibration Analysis
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- Performing Condition Monitoring the Old Way? Try the Smart Way.
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- Motor Testing Books
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals