Ray Hardee, P.E., CEO of Engineered Software Recognized by the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems
LACEY, Washington-April 30, 2009-Ray Hardee, P.E., CEO of Engineered Software, Inc., was recognized by the Hydraulic Institute (HI) for his contributions as a key member serving on the Hydraulic Institute/Pump Systems Matter “Optimizing Pumping Systems Guidebook” (OPS) Committee, which led to publication of the 250+ page guide in 2008.
Hardee has contributed dozens of articles and papers to various magazines and standards publications and has recently published his own book, “Piping System Fundamentals.” His latest contributions to the new guide follow on his companywide practice of promoting efficiency in all aspects of energy use.
Based on the collaborative efforts of twenty-two industry experts, the guide explains how optimizing both existing and new pumping systems, and purchasing based on lifecycle cost, can lead to increased profitability through a reduction in unnecessary, expensive energy consumption and maintenance costs.
“Auditing and optimizing existing pumping systems can reduce plant energy costs as much as 50%,” Hardee said. “The key is matching pumps properly to the system’s requirements, and changes such as these, will typically improve reliability and offer savings on MTBR (Mean Time between Repairs).”
The guide covers a range of topics including Pump Fundamentals, Pump and System Interaction, Calculating Cost of Ownership, Improving the Performance of Existing Pump Systems, Optimizing New Designs, Pumping System Economics, and Opportunities to Improve Lifecycle Performance.
“This is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in the design, engineering, and installation or servicing of pumping systems,” Hardee said. “The guide has made a significant contribution to the understanding of the subject matter among end-users and pump OEMs serving as the basis of new educational curriculum being designed around this issue.”
For information on purchasing the OPS Guide referenced above, please visit HI’s e-Store at http://estore.pumps.org
For information on author Ray Hardee, please visit http://eng-software.com/management.aspx
Engineered Software, Inc. is a sponsor of Pump Systems Matter (PSM), an organization created by HI to assist pump users and address strategic energy management and pump system performance and optimization. For more information about the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems Matter, please visit www.Pumps.org and www.PumpSystemsMatter.org
- April 28
Practical Root Cause Problem Elimination: $2600.00
- April 29
Root Cause Analysis Training
- May 5
EuroMaintenance 2014 – What is Hot in Maintenance and Asset Management?
- May 12
Planning and Scheduling (2 days); Spare Parts Management (1 day) Two courses one price $1495.00
- May 12
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling - May
- May 13
New York’s Introduction to ISO 55000: The New International Standard for Asset Management
- May 15
Preventive Maintenance Essential Care and Condition Monitoring- $995.00
- May 20
Planning for Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages
- May 20
Machinery Malfunction Diagnosis & Correction (Part 1) 3-days Houston, TX
- May 20
Machinery Lubrication Level I Training - Portland, OR
- Become an Aladon Certified RCM2 Facilitator
- IR Windows: Compare and Save with Exiscan
- Commtest - Affordable Vibration Analysis
- Noise and Vibration Measurement & Analysis Solutions
- New AT33IND Perfect for QC & Troubleshooting
- Total Productive Maintenance Books
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- GPAllied Inspired Training: Hard-Hitting, Impactful Courses and Workshops.
- Request Your Des-Case Complimentary Breather Now
- Reliability Engineering Services
- Spending the right amount on maintenance?
- Join The Association For Maintenance Professionals
- Reliability Centered Maintenance for SAP Plant Maintenance
- Integrating Your CBM Just Makes Sense
- MRO Inventory and Purchasing Books
- Transform SAP EAM From An Electronic Rolodex into a Performance Management System
- The One-Stop Source for Lubricants & Reliability Solutions
- Belt/Sheave Alignment Laser, Custom Shim and Gaskets
- Motor Testing Books
- Free eBook: “5 Critical Components in Your RCA Program”
- R300S for When Good Enough – Isn’t Enough!