The Associate Director, Reliability Excellence & Asset Management provides corporate level support for reliability excellence initiative development and implementation while serving as a subject matter expert providing guidance and technical expertise to sites to improve asset availability at BBMUS sites.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Serve as an expert-knowledge resource and mentor for asset management, defect elimination, continuous improvement, and value reporting.
- Establish standardized asset health, KPI, and continuous improvement reporting mechanisms to ensure clear communications and value delivery to senior leadership
- Manage SAP PM user requirement specification and work with sites on necessary CMMS improvements.
- Explore/ deploy technologies to improve maintenance operation e.g. Barcodes for assets/ MSR items, handheld devices, predictive technologies
- Manage partnered projects between corporate and sites aimed at improving systems and processes related to asset management practices.
- Conduct program and system/equipment assessments/audits on a periodic basis focusing on maintenance performance, equipment reliability, cost savings, and energy conservation across the BBMUS network.
- Deliver training on specific asset management best practices.
- Partner with site technical leadership to instill a culture of reliability.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to engage people with different opinions, thoughts and convictions on work-critical technical or business issues and to build alignment to move business forward.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and effectively multi task and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work proactively with minimum supervision and consistently demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility to adapt and take on new and/or additional responsibilities and to learn necessary new skills.
- Understanding of engineering practices for capital engineering projects as related to design reliability, life cycle costing acceptance testing, commissioning and project closeout documentation.
- Good technical writing, organization, & time management skills.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years experience in biopharmaceuticals or equivalent. Certification in Reliability discipline (e.g. CMRP) is preferred.
- Understands and embraces concept of Reliability Excellence as knowledge based service and its impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Expert knowledge of various maintenance methodologies such as Defect Elimination, PM, PdM, RCM, TPM; processes such as Planning & Scheduling, Work Management, MRO Inventory Management and tools such as CMMS, RCFA, FMEA, various statistical tools
- Demonstrated expertise in maintenance and calibration practices in FDA regulated industry for compliance with various Quality and EH&S related regulations
- Experience with various types of manufacturing processes core to the business of BBM, such as form-fill-seal of sterile solutions and plastics manufacturing
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Quality Management techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, Deming, etc. – together with superior project management skill.
- Lean/ Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with SAP-PM and/or IBM Maximo
- Certified Reliability Leader (CRL)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: Allentown, PA, USA