Denver International Airport (DEN) is the 19th-busiest airport in the world and the sixth-busiest airport in the United States, serving more than 54 million passengers each year. DEN is one of the busiest airline hubs in the world's largest aviation market, and the airport is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. Spanning more than 53 square miles, DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States. DEN consists of 15 million square feet of built environment. The airport also includes the Westin Denver International Airport, an on-site hotel and conference center located just steps from the iconic Jeppesen Terminal. The base of the hotel features a rail station that connects the airport with Denver Union Station via the University of Colorado A Line commuter rail service. DEN has the capacity to double in size and is well positioned for future growth as a global gateway to the Rocky Mountain Region and a key link for products and people throughout the world.
At DEN, the core values of the organization are transparency, collaboration, mutual respect and support, diversity, integrity, trust and organizational excellence. The successful candidate must demonstrate that these are the core operating principles upon which they have based their career. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world's most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.
- Provide strategic direction to the Asset Management team with overall responsibility for DEN's asset management program.
- Lead development, implementation, and communication of a Strategic Asset Management Plan that establishes vision for DEN's program.
- Identify, justify, and recommend projects, programs, technologies, and procedures to achieve organizational objectives.
- Serve as primary asset management technical expert, providing consultative and technical guidance to other directors and senior leadership.
- Engage with various levels of DEN employees and business partners to foster collaborative relationships on key asset management issues.
- Promote continuous improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of DEN's asset management activities.
- Establish appropriate performance metrics for program and staff.
- Prepare, present, and manage a $3.5 million budget to ensure cost-effectiveness of operations and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Develop mechanisms to accurately track and communicate asset management metrics to educate and engage stakeholders.
- Present DEN's Asset Management program to high-level internal and external audiences.
- Personnel management including hiring, coaching, mentoring, annual reviews, and discipline
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Construction Management or a related field.
- Five years of management experience in Asset Management or Facility Management.
- Two years of the appropriate type and level of experience will serve as an equivalency to one year of education. In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, eight years of relevant experience can be substituted.
- A Master's Degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Asset Management for a large and complex organization
- Experience developing strategic plans
Please note the following:
- FBI Criminal Background Check required: an FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony conviction and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance / be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
- Shift Work / Snow Duties / Emergency Incidents: this position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatory overtime may be required. Additionally, this position may require mandatory snow duties which vary and can include nights, weekends and holidays.
Agency: Denver International Airport
Assessments / Testing: This position may require an online or in-person assessment. If testing is required, you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with further information about the testing process after the position has closed. Please add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list and check you spam or junk mail for this email. For a list of positions that require testing and more information about our testing process, click here.
Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here.
Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver. For more information about the probationary period, click here.
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Location: Denver, CO