About the Business:
DP World has a portfolio of more than 77 marine terminals across six continents, including new developments underway in India, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue. In 2013, DP World handled 55 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent container units). With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, capacity is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand.
DP World has a dedicated, experienced and professional team of around 30,000 people serving its customers around the world, and the company constantly invests in terminal infrastructure, facilities and people to provide quality services today and tomorrow, when and where customers need them.
In taking this customer-centric approach, DP World is building on the established relationships and superior level of service demonstrated at its flagship Jebel Ali facility in Dubai, which has been voted “Best Seaport in the Middle East” for 20 consecutive years.
About the Role: Manage and support regional and terminal organisations with respect to DP World’s Asset Management program with specific subject matter expertise and focus around reliability engineering of our Port Equipment. Additional responsibility will include continual development of equipment technical specifications and reliability methodologies within the DP World group. The function requires the ability to lead, direct and manage DP World strategies, growth and development of all Asset reliability solutions and their related technologies.
- Trend, monitor and advice, regarding asset maintenance and reliability of Group wide Asset Management KPI’s. Make recommendations and ensure alignment of AM strategies in order to maintain asset related maintenance and reliability functions are at desired levels for DPW.
- Liaise with internal customers and application partners to provide cost effective solutions that meet the standards and requirements of DP World and its Business Units.
- Design and governance of all Asset related maintenance and reliability operational documents for global practices standardization and the DPW asset management program.
- Design and implement in line with appropriate BU objective’s with respect to asset maintenance and reliability function, including financial effectiveness, efficiency and optimized financial equipment replacement in line with better practices on Life Cycle Asset Costing & Management.
- Assist and collaborate with DPW AM Centre of Excellence asset management programs to provide input on technical solutions where applicable and as appropriate.
- In conjunction with DPW Institute ensure continuous development of the appropriate curriculum in relation to ‘Reliability in Asset Management’ (or similar as required) in order to provide the necessary training to DPW’s global business community, to support BU efficiency needs.
- Provide input to BU Risk Management Plans that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability related risks, that could adversely impact business unit operations.
- Act as the contract owner of master agreements with application vendors (if applicable) and additionally, in conjunction with the corporate procurement dept., manage the tender of new and/or major upgrades of asset / engineering solutions, applications.
- Applicable if role has direct reports - responsible for the management and leadership of an engaged team, promoting collaboration and ensuring that each is developed and evaluated against goals and objectives which are aligned, specific, measurable, attainable yet challenging, realistic and time bound.
- Promote and demonstrate positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s values and culture
- Ensure that the highest levels of safety are applied in all activities.
- Design and implement practices to improve equipment performance
Experience & Qualifications:
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with the design and implementation of Container Terminal, Asset related Reliability Programs (as mentioned in section 2 above) – Minimum 5 years
- Project Management (PMP Certification – Desired)
- Management experience with respect to the latest computerised Asset / Engineering maintenance and reliability systems and applications in a container, bulk and general terminal environment.
- Specialisation in mechanical and / or electronic discipline (maintenance, repair, design engineering) – Master’s level.
- Knowledge in container terminal industry business process, asset reliability, maintenance and repair, systems, finance, integrated technologies, methods and standards.
- Auditor skills
- Experience with ISO standards
- Excellent knowledge of English language; a second or third language is desired
- Excellent computer literacy
- Willing to travel
- Desirable (not mandatory) certificates (reliability Engineering related):
- Certified Maintenance and reliability Professional (SMRP)
- Certified Reliability Leader (AMP)
- Level 1 certification in Thermography and/or Ultrasound
Remuneration and Employment Benefits:
The employment benefits package is reflective of the location, for this position the benefits consists of:
- Accommodation Allowance
- Transportation Allowance
- Education Assistance for Dependents
- Annual Air Ticket(s) for self / and dependents
- Private Medical Coverage for self / and dependents
- Working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
Location: Dubai, U.A.E.