Visite nuestro sitio en Español
About this title
The second volume in the series shows the reader how to develop an inventory and purchasing program for MRO spares and supplies as part of an overall strategy. Specifically, the text focuses on the importance of a well organized storage location and part inventory numbering system detailing to the reader the most effective ways to accomplish this goal. The receiving and parts issues disciplines are discussed in detail with a focus on the value proposition for spare parts controls and justification of storeroom overhead. In addition, the appendixes provide examples of parts and detail storage conditions that can be utilized in developing or refining an inventory storage location.
Shows how to tactically develop a preventive maintenance program, answering questions, such as:
- What equipment to include?
- What skill level of the technicians are required?
- How to actually perform basic PM tasks?
- and many others
Does not over-emphasize the value of preventive maintenance to the exclusion of other components of a maintenance strategy.
Acerca del Autor - Terry Wireman
Senior Vice President, Strategy
Terry is the senior vice president of strategic development. He leads Vesta’s maintenance and reliability seminars and training, and provides strategic guidance to help the firm shape its market strategy and long-term direction. For over four decades, Terry has been specializing in the improvement of maintenance management and reliability.
He helps customers develop “best-in-class” maintenance and reliability policies and practices. As an international expert in maintenance/asset management, he has assisted hundreds of clients in North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim to improve their maintenance and asset effectiveness.
In addition, he has authored twenty four textbooks and scores of white papers and articles related to maintenance management process and technology.
Terry is currently a member of the US Technical Advisory Group working on producing the ISO-55000 standard. Terry is committed to keeping Vesta on the forefront of thought leadership pertaining to maintenance and reliability strategies.
- Overview: The Maintenance Strategy Series Process Flow
- Chapter 1: Organizing MRO Inventory and Purchasing - MRO Analysis
- Organization Configurations. Stores Locations and Organization
- Part Identification
- Stocking Policies and Calculations
- Inflated Inventories
- Determining Storage Areas and Equipment
- Determining the Tracking System
- Chapter 2: MRO Definitions and Transactions - Finding Balances in MRO Management
- Determining Proper Stocking Policies
- Types of Spare Parts
- Factors that Drive MRO Inventory
- Work Flows in the MRO Inventory Department
- Free Issue Items
- Direct Purchase Items
- Chapter 3: Tool Management - Stocking Tools
- Tracking Tools
- Replacing Tools
- Purchasing Tools
- Chapter 4: The Reordering Process - Ordering Stock Items
- The Approval Process
- The Receiving Process
- Chapter 5: Rebuildable Spares - Issues with Rebuilds
- Chapter 6: Returning Items to Stock - The Return-to-Stock Process
- Controlling Stock Overages
- Chapter 7: Adding and Deleting MRO Parts - Adding Spare Parts
- Deleting Stock Items
- Chapter 8: Making Financial Adjustments to MRO Inventories
- Chapter 9: Maximizing Investment in MRO Spares - MRO Improvement Initiatives
- MRO Materials Top Ten Enablers
- Chapter 10: MRO Inventory and Purchasing Performance Indicators - MRO Inventory and Purchasing
- Inventory and Procurement Problems
- Economic Order Quantity
- Reorder Points
- Safety Stock for MRO Inventory