FREE copy of the Uptime Elements Implementation Guide once you subscribe to Reliability Weekly
Reliability Centered Maintenance using… RCM Blitz
Contact us if you would like to order multiple copies of this title
Phone: (239) 333-2500Email to Order
About this title
Work alongside the author as he walks you through his step-by step method for applying Reliability Centered Maintenance, RCM Blitz, focuses on manufacturing assets. RCM Blitz is a 5-part process, with an easy to follow flow diagram, that includes:
- Up-Front Tasks - Those tasks required to ensure the success of the RCM Facilitators and Team.
- Probability and Consequence - The steps needed to build the groundwork for understanding the importance of each individual failure mode and developing sound methods to prioritize RCM tasks.
- Functions and Functional Failures - The to successful RCM analysis is understanding the importance of addressing maintenance at the functional failure level.
- FMECA - The heart and soul of Reliability Centered Maintenance, this is where the work gets done, identifying failure modes, describing failure effects and developing tasks.
- Follow-Up Tasks - These tasks are designed to help the team quickly move forward and drive the implementation of the RCM tasks. Follow-up is just as important as the analysis itself and like everything else it has a process.
"This is a great book to recommend to all out Cargill M&R leaders and reliability engineers. It is just not another RCM book. I think that it is a very good step by step guide on how to properly do a RCM analysis. This will be a great benefit to Cargill M&R process as well as any company that is serious about completing RCMs. I really think the stressing of getting the actions items completed is well delivered. The PF curve discussion was done very well also."
Timothy Goshert, CMRP, Cargill, Inc., Worldwide Reliability & Maintenance Manager
"It is the best book on RCM I've read yet in providing detailed guidelines for effectively implementing and sustaining RCM within an organization. Good luck with it. Cheers."
Ron Moore, RCM Author of Making Common Sense Common Practice
"Excellent book and easy to understand. Seeing results quickly with RCM Blitz is what I enjoy about his process. I have seen over 100 companies who have executed RCM and nothing changed. I consider Doug the RCM Thought Leader for the Future. I take RCM very seriously and stand by my statement."
Ricky Smith, CMRP, Co-Author of Rules of Thumb for Maintenance and Reliability Engineers
Acerca del Autor - Douglas J.Plucknette
As the founder of RCM Blitz™ Doug has provided Reliability Centered Maintenance Training and services to numerous companies around the world.
Prior to his work as a consultant, Doug worked nineteen years at Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester, NY in positions as a skilled tradesperson, lead-person, maintenance supervisor, and reliability engineer. Doug holds a certificate in Reliability, Engineering and Maintenance from Rochester Institute of Technology.
Doug lives in Spencerport, New York with his wife and three children. In his spare time he enjoys hunting, fishing and golfing. For the most up to date articles/information and discussion regarding RCM Blitz™ please visit my blog at www.rcmblitz.com. We have grown to about 700 visits a month over the past several years.
- Up-Front Tasks
- Probability and Consequence
- Functions and Functional Failures
- Follow-Up Tasks
- General RCM Topics
- Scoring Your RCM Effort
© 2023 Reliabilityweb.com