Visite nuestro sitio en Español
About this title
In Volume 6, Operator-Driven Reliability, the author sets a goal to provide a framework that can organize the ODR efforts in an organization to support maintenance initiatives and not conflict with them. For this to occur, the maintenance organization must already be in a mature state. If this is not the case, operations will attempt to do too much with ODR and the initiative will bog down, since maintenance will not be able to properly support the maintenance-related activities of the operations group. This book builds on the previous five volumes and many of the strategies discussed in the previous volumes must be in place to provide the foundation necessary to properly involve operation in maintenance-related activities. By learning how to involve operations in maintenance activities, maintenance personnel are freed-up to focus on higher level predictive and reliability activities, thus increasing equipment uptime.
Acerca del Autor - Terry Wireman
Senior Vice President, Strategy
Terry is the senior vice president of strategic development. He leads Vesta’s maintenance and reliability seminars and training, and provides strategic guidance to help the firm shape its market strategy and long-term direction. For over four decades, Terry has been specializing in the improvement of maintenance management and reliability.
He helps customers develop “best-in-class” maintenance and reliability policies and practices. As an international expert in maintenance/asset management, he has assisted hundreds of clients in North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim to improve their maintenance and asset effectiveness.
In addition, he has authored twenty four textbooks and scores of white papers and articles related to maintenance management process and technology.
Terry is currently a member of the US Technical Advisory Group working on producing the ISO-55000 standard. Terry is committed to keeping Vesta on the forefront of thought leadership pertaining to maintenance and reliability strategies.
- The Maintenance Strategy Series Process Flow
- Chapter 1: What is Operations-Driven Maintenance and Reliability?
- Chapter 2: The Business Reasons for Operations-Driven Maintenance and Reliability
- Chapter 3: Developing Sustainability ODR through Organizational
- Chapter 4: Providing the Skills for Operator-Driven Maintenance and Reliability
- Chapter 5: Operators as Inspectors
- Chapter 6: Visual Systems
- Chapter 7: Operators and Preventive Maintenance
- Chapter 8: Operators and Predictive Maintenance
- Chapter 9: Operators and Team-Based Maintenance Activities
- Chapter 10: Maintenance-Based Operations
- Chapter 11: Measuring the Results
- Chapter 12: The Future of Operations and Maintenance
- Appendix A: Sample ODR PM Inspection Sheets