- Supervise and direct the activities of both skilled and non-skilled employees on the shift, including vehicle mechanics, maintenance mechanics, electricians, machinists and stores attendants;
- Maintain current working knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and Volvo corporate environmental requirements, including but not limited to the RCRA-Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (relating to management of hazardous waste), CAA-Clean Air Act (as it relates to maintaining equipment and processes that are regulated by the air permit), Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (as it relates to storm water drains and runoff to local waterways), US-DOT Department of Transportation ( as it relates to shipping waste or chemicals), and the OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER requirements (as it relates to the communications and actions require for responding to spill emergencies). The advisor will assure that he/she and all direct reports performing related duties governed by these regulations shall receive initial and scheduled refresher training as described in the ISO-14001 EMS training matrix and perform their duties in accordance with that training;
- For the Emergency Coordinator and Alternate Emergency Coordinator identified in the Contingency Plan, be prepared to perform the duties of the RCRA Emergency Coordinator during an environmental emergency;
- Is responsible for all administrative duties such as vacation scheduling, training, OSHA compliance, team activities, discipline and PM program;
- Works closely with the Industrial Engineering function as well as the CMMS Administrator to insure that all work is procedurally correct and documented;
- Responsible for formulating technical solutions to maintenance problems. Must understand and follow all plant standards regarding facility and equipment;
- Must be extremely responsive to the needs of the production process and be a partner in that process;
- Communicating employee feedback on the NRV statement on the environment;
- Communicating procedures and work instructions pertaining to their respective area;
- Responsible for ensuring employees in their respective area that has the training and tools to meet the procedures and work instructions of NRV.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Five years experience in supervision, preferably maintenance related;
- Good knowledge of industrial plant systems, maintenance inventory systems, electricity, general mechanical techniques and prints;
- Should have knowledge of OSHA standards;
- Must be computer literate. (Be able to keyboard and use typical generic and maintenance specific software).
Location: Dublin, VA