Austin Energy Company owned and operated by the city of Austin, Texas, provides electric and natural gas service to 388,000 customers and a population exceeding 900,000 in the Lone Star State's capital city and surrounding area. The community-owned utility produces 2,600 megawatts of power to an area of nearly 437 square miles through a diverse mix of nuclear, natural gas, coal and renewable energy sources. On its website, the company says it "created the top performing renewable energy program in the nation" and proudly speaks of its ownership of "the nation's first and largest green building program." Yet, despite its leadership, the company became convinced it was falling far short of its green goals in plant operation due to outdated maintenance practices and questionable motor efficiency.
Visite nuestro sitio en Español
View all Events
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reports
- Find out how to optimize your machines!
- Free eBook: 11 Problems With Your RCA Process and How to Fix Them
- Alignment, Vibration, Balancing and Ultrasound Training mapped to UPTIME® ELEMENTS
- Asset Performance Management and Reliability Software
80% of Reliabilityweb.com newsletter subscribers report finding something used to improve their jobs on a regular basis.
Subscribers get exclusive content. Just released...MRO Best Practices Special Report - a $399 value!DOWNLOAD NOW