San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS).
The station serves approximately 2.2 million households in California.
- Improved ability to manage asset heath and align reliability processes with AP-913.
- Integration of over 35 data sources.
- Equipment analysis now completed online and in minutes.
- Systematic approach to assess equipment criticality equals better prioritization of maintenance activities.
- The Engineer's equipment knowledge captured for the long-term.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco Steel
A division of ArcelorMittal steel company, the world's largest steel company, with 320,000 employees in more than 60 countries.
- 14% improvement in asset utilization.
- Increased production totaling an additional 5600 tons/month.
Domtar is the second-largest integrated manufacturer of uncoated free sheet paper in the world and has over 14,000 employees. Domtar Espanola employs 590 employees.
- Improvement in pulp mill efficiency: 5% in just 3 years.
- Reduction in maintenance spending: >15%.
- Improvement in pulp mill uptime: >5%.
- Reduction in maintenance overtime: >7%.
This is one of the leading producers of iron ore products in North America, with an annual production of 18 million metric tons of iron ore concentrate. The company also operates a pellet plant, a railroad, and a port.
- Mine production levels up 28% without additional resources.
- Mobile equipment maintenance costs down by 8.6%.
- Spare parts inventory values down by $10 million.
- Haul truck useful life increased from 50,000 to +100,000 hours.
West Coast Main Line
This is a busy mixed-traffic railway route in the United Kingdom. It is central to the provision of fast, long-distance intercity passenger services between London, the West Midlands, the North West, North Wales, and southern Scotland.
Benefits (Fleet savings over 10 years):
Total materials savings: 29%.
Total labor savings: 72%.