Developed in close cooperation with audiologists and safety professionals, Honeywell’s new Howard Leight Hearing Conservation Toolbox mobile application for iPad® is an easily accessible point-of-use resource of interactive tools and educational materials for safety managers to use in support of workplace hearing safety programs.
Subtitled “Hearing Conservation Starts Here,” the app features the latest information on the risks of occupational noise, hearing conservation program best practices, and practical instruction on the testing, selection, fitting, and use of hearing protection. The app offers instant access to:
- Hearing conservation program information and checklists on NIHL, ear anatomy, regulations, choosing and fitting hearing protectors and more;
- Informative articles written by Honeywell audiologists based on their experience hosting hundreds of “Howard Leight® HearForeverTM: Best Practices in Effective Hearing Conservation” seminars about preventing job-related hearing loss;
- Educational videos on the auditory system, the personal effects of NIHL, the importance of fit testing, and more;
- A “Noise Thermometer” infographic that quickly communicates the impact of exposure to both on- and off-the-job sources of noise by mapping the sound levels to a thermometer illustration;
- An interactive “Noise Wheel” explaining the factors, such as fit, protection, size, and comfort, to consider when choosing hearing protection products;
- Hearing protector fit instructions, illustrations, tips, and videos demonstrating the proper wear and use of earplugs and earmuffs;
- Maintenance and care information for earplugs and earmuffs to ensure the effectiveness of hearing protectors;
- Details of Honeywell’s VeriPRO earplug fit-testing system which enables safety managers to easily create an accurate, real-world picture of their employees’ hearing protection;
- Complete catalog of hearing protection products with attenuation ratings and a dealer locator with where-to-buy information.
Download the new Honeywell Hearing Conservation Toolbox mobile app for iPad® from iTunes at http://hwll.co/HearingApp.