Unlike any other IR window manufacturer, all the components of the IRISS VP and CAP Series IR windows now comply with applicable Canadian standards Class 3211 37* and U.S. standards 3211 97** for Industrial Control Equipment Sub-Assemblies.
“Certification assures both the IRISS IR window owners and distributors that every IRISS window now conforms to the highest electrical standards available,” states Martin Robinson, CEO of IRISS. “It reinforces our passion of providing the very best quality equipment and long-term value in the marketplace today.”
“This achievement now permits IRISS to surpass the competition within Canada since the CSA standard approved is the highest standard in the industry,” comments IRISS distributor, Scott Thornton, Business Development and Project Manager of DTM Consulting in Ontario, Canada.
The IRISS IR windows have been issued a CSA C & US certificate. The C and US indicators adjacent to the CSA Mark signify that the IRISS IR windows have been tested to the applicable CSA, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Standards for use in Canada and U.S. respectively.
CSA Group is an independent, not-for-profit membership association dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. CSA Group provides product testing and certification services across key business areas including hazardous location and industrial, plumbing and construction, medical, safety and technology, appliances and gas, alternative energy, lighting and sustainability; as well as consumer product evaluation services. The CSA certification mark appears on billions of products worldwide.
Canadian standards for class 3211 37
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No 0 General Requirements - Canadian Electrical Code, Part II
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 0.4 Bonding of Electrical Equipment
- CSA-C22.2 No. 14-10 Industrial Control Equipment
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 94 Special Purpose Enclosures
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 94.1 Enclosures for Electrical Equipment, Non-Environmental Considerations
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 94.2 Enclosures for Electrical Equipment, Environmental Considerations
U.S. Standards for class 3211 97
- ANSI/UL 508 Industrial Control Equipment
- ANSI/UL 50 Enclosures for Electrical Equipment, Non-Environmental Considerations
- ANSI/UL 50E Enclosures for Electrical Equipment, Environmental Considerations
About IRISS, Inc.
IRISS industrial-grade Infrared (IR) windows give customers an efficient way to safely inspect electrical equipment without exposure to the risk of a hazardous arc flash, accidents or injuries. Our unique window designs feature a durable, clear polymer lens that allows visual, UV and short/mid/longwave IR spectrum inspections and are available in custom shapes and sizes to fit the needs of any application. Through our Safety and Maintenance Academy of Reliability Technologies, IRISS offers many unique training and certification classes that provide the practical experience and knowledge necessary to complete electrical maintenance inspections safely and efficiently. For more information, visit www.iriss.com