Guy Pas, VP Sales, Commercial Systems EMEA, emphasise the significant role of customer input in developing MeterLink, “We have heard from our customers that they wanted their infrared cameras to ‘talk to’ their meters. MeterLink enables FLIR customers to integrate valuable readings from advanced, multifunction Extech meters into one format, their infrared image. MeterLink and the related connectivity features we’re introducing represent FLIR’s commitment to driving innovation and leadership in the infrared camera industry.”
The new, industry-first features include:
• MeterLink - Bluetooth - based connectivity with Extech measurement instruments
• Instant Reports - In-camera application generates PDF inspection reports on-the-go. Inspectors can easily compile images and findings into a fully-formatted PDF report that can be given to a client at a job site via USB memory stick.
• Bluetooth Voice Annotation - Connectivity to Bluetooth handsfree headsets. Inspectors can now connect a Bluetooth wireless headset to a FLIR infrared camera for easier recording of voice comments associated with their inspections.
• Copy-to-USB - Transfer onboard images or reports directly to a USB memory stick. Copy-to-USB increases customer convenience by saving time and simplifying file sharing without the need for a PC, USB cable, internet, or email.
• IR Window Auto-Correction - Automatic sensitivity compensation for IR windows. IR Window Auto-Correction ensures thermographers get connected to accurate diagnostics when protective safety interfaces, like view ports or IR windows are needed.
New features will be available on selected FLIR IR cameras from March 4th, 2010. Visit www.flir.com/thg to learn more about FLIR´s upgraded product line featuring a suite of improved connectivity features and find your local supplier.