As a leader in industrial equipment and inspection technology, GE is uniquely positioned to apply learnings across industries and drive innovations in critical processes and technology. This is particularly true in the NDT and inspection industry, which is undergoing a major shift toward digitization. Experienced inspectors and technicians are retiring and there is a shortage in qualified replacements. Technological advancements, such as InspectionWorks Connect, allow organizations to operate with greater inspection productivity, conduct more accurate, consistent inspections and shorten the learning curve for new inspectors.
“The NDT and inspection industry relies on accurate, real-time information to be effective,” said Kermit Hoffman, General Manager Inspection Technologies, part of GE’s Measurement & Control unit of GE Oil & Gas. “Tools such as InspectionWorks Connect allow inspectors to harness the power of the Industrial Internet and make smarter decisions faster. This reinforces GE’s commitment to meet both current and future inspection needs.”
Real-time collaboration during asset inspections can deliver many asset reliability, process safety management (PSM) and productivity benefits for asset owners, including;
- Improved probability of detection and reduced false indications by allowing an expert second opinion on critical inspections.
- Improved inspection productivity and faster startups during large, complex inspection jobs like maintenance turnarounds.
- Quicker response and reduced travel costs for urgent inspections by allowing experts to participate remotely, rather than scrambling to an inspection site.
- Faster and less expensive training for new technicians by giving them real-time access to expert support and a second opinion.
- Improved safety and risk management outcomes by limiting inspector exposure to confined spaces, high temperatures, nuclear or security-critical inspection environments.
InspectionWorks Connect is a secure, encrypted solution that is embedded on NDT devices without the use of any additional equipment. It is also zero-install, which means that users only need a web browser to log in remotely. InspectionWorks Connect provides:
- Live video streaming of inspections
- Collaboration tools, including 2-way chat communication and telestration
- Cloud-based infrastructure
- Wireless connectivity
- Over-the-air software updates
“InspectionWorks Connect delivers expertise where and when it is needed to keep assets running and maximize efficiency,” said Mike Domke, Product Manager. “This remote collaboration software improves productivity, increases asset time, and reduces and controls operating costs.” Across the aerospace, power generation, offshore oil & gas, petrochemical, refining and nuclear industries, as well as general manufacturing, InspectionWorks Connect offers a new way of improving inspection outcomes.
For more information about InspectionWorks Connect, visit here
About GE Measurement & Control
GE Measurement & Control is a leading innovator in advanced software and services; sensor-based measurement; non-destructive testing and inspection; flow and process control; turbine, generator and plant controls; and condition monitoring. Providing for the industrial health of our customers’ most critical assets, we deliver accuracy, productivity, predictive maintenance and safety to a wide range of industries, including oil & gas, power generation, aerospace, metals and transportation. Through our advanced approach to connecting intelligent machines, big data and analytics, we help our customers navigate complex operations, tighter regulations and a growing skills gap; while improving asset and operational performance – ultimately driving better business outcomes. Headquartered in Boston, USA, Measurement & Control has more than 40 facilities in 25 countries and is part of GE Oil & Gas. For further information, visit www.gemeasurement.com.
GE (NYSE: GE) imagines things others don’t, builds things others can’t and delivers outcomes that make the world work better. GE brings together the physical and digital worlds in ways to no other company can. In its labs and factories and on the ground with customers, GE is inventing the next industrial era to move, power, build and cure the world. www.ge.com.
For more information, contact:
InkHouse, for GE