First Full Day Of Drone World Expo Sees Robust Crowds of Commercial End Users Exploring The Future of Drone Technology
Day Two to Feature Women of Commercial Drones Program and Keynote on Drone Delivery
SAN JOSE, CA -- November 16, 2016
A standing room only crowd listened to a dynamic panel of industry executives on the Future of Drones during the opening day of the 2nd Annual Drone World Expo taking place at the San Jose Convention Center. Gretchen West of Hogan Lovells moderated the opening day keynote on The Future of Drones: Clearing the Flight Path to a Connected World. Panelists included Lawrie Jordan from Esri, Terah Lyons from the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy, Ingo D. Piroth from IBM Global Business Services and Dr. Joseph Rios from NASA who discussed the future of connected technology.
Following the keynote, exhibitors of the show floor showcased the newest technology and services for end users and drone professionals. The Tech Talk theaters were packed throughout the day as were several of the educational sessions in Drone World Expo's world class conference program. Drone World Expo will be open on Wednesday, November 16 from 9 am to 5 pm.
Highlights for Wednesday, November 16
- Keynote: The Realities of Drone Delivery (9:00 - 10:00 am) Zipline International, Crisfield Clinic, X (formerly Google x) and the Virginia Tech Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership will discuss the concept of drone delivery, the challenges and the future. Moderated by Gretchen West, Hogan Lovells.
- MAPPS Geospatial Track (10:30am - 12:45pm) - Advanced Geospatial UAS Implementation.
- Conference Sessions: During the day dozens of industry leaders will share information in education sessions including a Regulatory and Policy Update: Government and Industry Perspectives; Flying BVLOS at Night and Over People; Opportunities and Challenges for Drones in the Water Utility Sector; Drones for Emergency Management, Disaster Response, Humanitarian Aid; UAS in the Maritime, Atmospheric and Polar Environments; Making Sense of UAS Applications and Market Forecasts; UAS Cinematography: Creative Horizons, Production Challenges and the Impact of Part 107; and a UTM (Unmanned Systems Traffic Management) Update from NASA. As well as Case Studies focused on UAS for Live and Live-to-Tape Video Content; and Drones on the High Seas - Documenting Illegality.
- Special Feature: Women of Commercial Drones Panel Discussion - Join this panel of leading women as they discuss their experiences, challenges and great successes in this growing market.
- Sponsored Forums - All Drone World Expo attendees are welcomed to attend State of Play: Drones presented by Qualcomm's Said Bakadir, and a Town Hall Q&A with Aerovel and Precision Integrated Programs.
- Tech Talk Theaters (10:15am - 4:45pm in Exhibit Hall)- Sessions include Keeping the Unmanned Skies Friendly by Perkins Coie Attorneys; The Intersection of Technical and Legal Considerations by Maynard Cooper & Gale; How Public Safety Can Use UAVs for Documenting Accidents by Pix4D; UAS in the Oil and Gas Industry by Oceaneering; Enabling BVLOS by Gryphon Sensors; Smart Investments by Measure; Oregon's UAS Tech Cluster Explosion by SOAR Oregon; Practical Ways to Set Your Drone Ops Up for Success by Skyward; Realizing the Value of 3D Drone Imagery by Esri; Integrating UAVs within Search and Rescue Operations by Riderless Technologies; The Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs by Intel Corporation; Why Drones are Only Part of the Equation for Enterprise Customers by Insitu Inc., and What are the Needs of Pilots by the Drone Pilots Federation.
- Exhibit Hall - The exhibit hall will be open on Wednesday, November 16 from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm with a networking reception from 4:00 - 5:00 pm. Join all attendees, exhibitors, speakers and media in the Exhibit Hall.
- Networking Reception (4:00 - 5:00 pm) - Join all attendees in the Exhibit Hall to recap at the end of the event.
Location, Dates and Hours:
San Jose Convention Center, Hall 3, 150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113
Wednesday, November 16: 9 am - 5 pm
Drone World Expo, the defining event for the commercial applications of UAS technology, will take place November 15-16, 2016 at the San Jose Convention Center. For more information, visit www.droneworldexpo.com. The event is produced by JD Events, dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities -- all geared toward increasing business transactions in the markets it serves.