“Cracking” is not typically a welcome term in most industries as there may be obvious implications of damage. That’s not true for the Custom Energy Company (C-CON), located in Craig Colorado, who takes pride in knowing and using a method called “cracking” in the natural gas industry. Two very critical categories, in the successful completion of this process in achieving the desired result, are the understanding of chemical reactions along with constant control of temperature.
“Cracking” is a carefully controlled process, which was invented by Russian Engineer Vladimir Shukhov in 1891, and eventually modified slightly by American Engineer William Merriam Burton in 1908. A large number of chemical reactions take place during the procedure and depending on the application; this can sometimes number in the hundreds, if not thousands which have been proven and tracked on computer model simulations. This process is used worldwide in many industries and applications.
In this particular purpose the desired results are for producing Propane, Butane and Gasoline. As mentioned earlier, temperature control is a crucial factor in successfully achieving the most consistent outcome. According to Daniel Samer, of C-CON, “OVEN Industries 5R1-1400 Temperature controller has been keeping the ingredients at a steady temperature, and hasn’t changed at all. This controller has been working well and we’re very pleased with the results”.
Presented here are all the vital inputs and outputs for an Electronic Temperature Controller that “is all it’s cracked up to be”.
Oven Industries 5R1-1400 Temperature Controller
- Universal AC Input
- Integrated Potentiometers for Set Temp and PI Control
- PC Programmable Set Temp and PID Control
- TTL Level UART Communication Port
- Set Temp Range Determined by Thermistor Type
- Open Sensor Protection
- RoHS Compliant
- Input Voltage: 85 to 265VAC 50/60Hz
- Com. Port and Sensor Isolation: 1000VAC
- Load Current: 15A max (Via solid state relay)
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C
- Adjustable PID Parameters
- Ambient Temperature Operation: -20° to 70°C
- 1.32”High x 2.5” Square
- Customer Drawing: CDR-00374