Wireless Steam Trap Monitor (WSTM)
Save energy costs by remotely monitoring your steam traps for costly leaks and blockages
Steam Traps are mechanical devices installed on steam pipes to remove condensate; they are needed to maintain the proper operation of steam distribution systems.
Most facilities perform a steam trap audit once a year - a time-consuming process which involves sending technicians to manually inspect hundreds of traps at a time. Because of the infrequent inspections, traps may be leaking for many months before being discovered.
The Cypress Envirosystems Wireless Steam Trap Monitor is a non-invasive device which installs in minutes and helps to automatically monitor steam traps for failures, and to notify staff in a timely manner to avoid wasting energy.
- Pager/Cell notification of excursions (catch expensive leaks early)
- Non-invasive installation: no breaking seals, wireless
- OPC and BACnet interfaces for integration with existing automation systems
- Battery life of 3+ years at typical sample rates
- IP65/NEMA 4 rated for outdoor use