SKF bearing maintenance handbook offers comprehensive working guide for the maintenance professional
“The SKF Bearing Maintenance Handbook is a comprehensive reference source comprised of knowledge gathered from around the world and from over 100 years of knowledge of rotating machinery,” said Jim McNiven, Services Communication Manager, SKF Group Communications. “By referencing the updated maintenance handbook, maintenance professionals can maintain machinery more effectively and consult with a trusted engineering source when maintenance questions arise.”
The SKF Bearing Maintenance Handbook is divided into 14 chapters, clearly marked with numbered blue tabs in the right margin. The chapters are as follows:
- Chapter 1 covers the basics of bearings, related products and bearing arrangements.
- Chapters 2 through 5 contain instructions for mounting rolling bearings, bearing housings, bearing units and seals.
- Chapter 6 describes the maintenance activities associated with machine alignment.
- Chapter 7 provides information and recommendations for important maintenance activities for lubrication.
- Chapter 8 covers the maintenance activities of inspection and condition monitoring.
- Chapter 9 is about troubleshooting, presenting common maintenance problems and suggested solutions.
- Chapter 10 contains instructions for dismounting rolling bearings, bearing units, bearing housings and seals.
- Chapter 11 is dedicated to the ISO classification system of bearing damage.
- Chapter 12 provides an overview of SKF’s additional resources for maintenance support.
- Chapter 13 contains the Appendices of important reference information needed for maintenance work, as well as an overview of SKF maintenance products.
- Chapter 14 is the Index.
The handbook is not intended as an application design catalogue. For detailed information about designing bearing arrangements, refer to the SKF Interactive Engineering Catalogue available online at www.skf.com.
To request a copy of The SKF Bearing Maintenance Handbook, contact your local SKF Sales Representative. The handbook is also available in electronic format via SKF @ptitude Exchange (www.aptitudeexchange.com), and can be purchased on Amazon.com
SKF is a leading global supplier of bearings, seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems and services which include technical support, maintenance and reliability services, engineering consulting and training. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has 15,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in 2010 were SEK 61,029 million and the number of employees was 44,742. www.skf.com