The term “NURBS” is an acronym for Non-Uniform Rational Basis Spline, a mathematical way to regenerate freeform curves and shapes. Super-NURBS is Okuma’s proprietary technology for achieving NURBS functionality within a CNC machining environment. Titled “Super-NURBS Cuts Curved Surfaces With High-Accuracy and Speedy Cycle Times – Completing Parts on the Machine” the white paper examines topics such as:
- How Super-NURBS eliminates redundancies and allows for a faster and smoother tool path
- Why Super-NURBS delivers the fastest speeds and highest quality finishes in the industry
- How Super-NURBS’ faster control loops speed allows for more ultra-high feed rates to be used
- Why there’s no need for a look-ahead – Super-NURBS is inherently fast without it
- How to deliver parts “out the door” faster, with better finish quality and accuracy
Super-NURBS enables controlled high speed and high-quality CNC machining. Completing parts on the machine – this is possible with Super-NURBS.
About Okuma America Corporation
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, spindle and CNC control all manufactured by Okuma. Okuma’s innovative and reliable technology, paired with comprehensive, localized service protection, allows users to run continuously with confidence – maximizing profitability. Along with its industry-leading distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC, Okuma facilitates quality, productivity and efficiency, empowering the customer and enabling competitive advantage in today’s demanding manufacturing environment. For more information, visit www.okuma.com/americas or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @OkumaAmerica.