As the load on an electrical component rises, so does the temperature. An even load on each phase of a three-phase system, should result in a uniform thermal pattern on all three phases. Problems may be indentified when the overall component ad conductor temperature is too high or an unbalanced condition is identified by the phase not displaying a balanced and equal thermal pattern or temperature.
Tip provided by the Academy of Infrared Training
Visite nuestro sitio en Español
View all Events
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reports
- Find out how to optimize your machines!
- Free eBook: 11 Problems With Your RCA Process and How to Fix Them
- Alignment, Vibration, Balancing and Ultrasound Training mapped to UPTIME® ELEMENTS
- Asset Performance Management and Reliability Software
80% of Reliabilityweb.com newsletter subscribers report finding something used to improve their jobs on a regular basis.
Subscribers get exclusive content. Just released...MRO Best Practices Special Report - a $399 value!DOWNLOAD NOW