Level Up Your Reliability Skills: Get Certified! Boost your career now!
Elevate your industry profile at The RELIABILITY Conference.
Please use your business email address if applicable
Forgot your password?
You will receive an email to reset your password
Visite nuestro sitio en Español
“R.A.I.” the Reliability.aiTMChatbot
Smith and Mobley (2008) highlight the following types of asset management strategies that may be developed from an RCM process.
1. Condition based tasks. E.g. Oil is sampled from a transformer and the results of the analysis determine if further maintenance is required.
2. Scheduled restoration. E.g. A Sheave bank running in a corrosive environment that requires overhaul at fixed intervals.
3. Scheduled Discard. E.g. The replacement of oil in a combustion engine.
4. Failure finding task. E.g. Calibration of instrumentation. The fault may not be discovered until the calibration is done.
5. One-time change. Typically a one off redesign.
Tip excerpted from Tools for Improving Maintenance strategies and failure analysis processes by Mark Brunner