TRC-2020 Presentation 52:13 Minutes
by Bhanu Srilla, Grace Engineered Products
A worker’s confidence in electrical safety directly impacts his/her task productivity. This presentation will focus on the various challenges involved in mechanical and electrical lockout/tagout (LOTO) procedures, NFPA guidelines and ways to enhance workers’ confidence and productivity while performing maintenance tasks through the use of permanent electrical safety devices (PESDs).
- Understand the basics of mechanical and electrical LOTO
- Various challenges involved in LOTO with application scenarios
- NFPA guidelines and OSHA mandates
- The importance of safety-by-design and engineering controls
- How to enhance the workers’ confidence and productivity with PESDs