Visite nuestro sitio en Español
Are you interested?Apply On Web
This position is responsible for providing the leadership, development and execution of Asset Management approaches to consider holistic life cycle costs while providing the desired levels of service at acceptable risk levels for the wastewater division. Approaches shall be based on sound risk management principles.Major Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support in development and execution of an Asset Management program in collaboration with staff from various departments including Wastewater, Maintenance, IT, Engineering and Planning.
- Engage in the development of policies, frameworks and methodologies to ensure a team based approach that engages people to prevent, identify and mitigate risks to maintaining identified level of service.
- Drive and lead change management strategies relating to life cycle asset management principles within the wastewater department.
- Work with others to evaluate infrastructure condition, reliability (including failure rate analysis) and criticality systematically to quantify risks. Identify and prioritize risk mitigation strategies using business case evaluations, and work with others to implement selected strategies.
- Keep abreast of asset management system solutions and provide input to management and other departments for upgrades where improvements warranted.
- Lead root cause analysis, development of corrective measures, and performance tracking for regulatory compliance failures.
- Analyze long-term trends, optimize maintenance activities, and identify renewal or replacement activities around those trends. Work with System Manager to include identified needs in capital improvements program.
- Create and participate in forums for sharing of best practices between facilities, departments, and other utilities.
- Identification and mitigation of safety hazards, assists in the implementation of safety programs.
- Carry out other duties as requested commensurate with skills, competence, and training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Systematic decision making skills balancing technology, data, and field experience to make decisions.
- Knowledge and experience with asset management principles and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Action oriented, supportive and positive leader that motivates and listens to others, is flexible, and adapts to the needs of the team to maintain effective working relationships with others to solve problems.
- Can communicate clearly, make verbal presentations, and provide honest, tactful feedback.
- Proficiency in preparing technical reports, maintaining accurate records, data management, word processing, project management, computerized maintenance management software.
- Knowledge of holistic life cycle asset management approaches including project planning, design, procurement, commissioning, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and decommissioning.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (mechanical preferred) with ten years of progressive experience or twenty years with extensive maintenance management experience.
- Three years’ experience in asset or maintenance management with emphasis on rotating equipment.
- Prefer experience with wastewater treatment facility asset management.
- Experience with budget preparation and management.
- Experience with reading construction plans and manufacturer operation and maintenance manuals.
- Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License.
The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a wastewater treatment environment. The position involves sitting (up to 8 hours per day), frequent standing, frequent walking, light to moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.), light carrying, frequent bending and reaching, keyboarding and telephone operation. It often requires an irregular work schedule and overtime hours. Specific physical conditions require occasional work with chemicals, machinery, moving mechanical parts etc.The duties and responsibilities are performed mostly indoors, but occasionally outdoors. Light exposure to dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, biological hazards, rain, temperature and noise extremes, hazardous materials and chemicals, machinery, moving mechanical parts, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, and water hazards are common.The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performs functions requiring manual dexterity and precision movements, continuous or repetitive arm and hand movements, grasping movements, and occasional forceful exertion.
- Perceive/discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, odor, depth and visual cues or signals.
- Possess visual and muscular dexterity to operate a motor vehicle (including while towing portable equipment), equipment, hand tools and a computer.
Salary: $94,940 - $140,512 (DOQ)
Are you interested?Apply On Web
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reliability Reports
- Download Reliability Graphics
- Uptime Elements Implementation Guide
- IoT Digitalization Strategy Framework
- Watch Reliability Videos
- Follow Reliabilityweb.com at LinkedIn
- Connect with Terrence O'Hanlon, CEO