Visite nuestro sitio en Español
“R.A.I.” the Reliability.aiTMChatbot
Are you interested?Apply On Web
As an Aviation Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the guidance and leadership of the Satellite Transit System (STS) team that delivers passengers and employees to our North & South concourses 24/7/365. You will also be responsible for managing our electrical support of projects and leading review and direction of project work outside of normal maintenance for the Electric shop, STS, and Utility work groups.
- You will provide leadership, strategic planning, and management for union represented shops, STS team, and electrical project support as needed.
- You will develop contacts, foster relationships, and educate aviation teams and stakeholders on STS operations and maintenance requirements to ensure STS trains and equipment is available and fully operational.
- You will work with staff to improve maintenance activities and refine work practices and procedures to ensure consistent and appropriate decision making.
- You will support staff in work activities allowing them to perform their work in a safe, effective, and efficient manner that promotes a high-performance team.
- You will work collaboratively with facility engineers to inspect, document, and monitor STS tunnel system infrastructure to ensure its integrity.
- You will coordinate directly with airline representatives and operations staffing for strategic scheduling of planned and emergency repairs of STS tunnel infrastructure and equipment to minimize impacts to airline operations.
- You will partner with the Labor Relations department, senior management, and union and participate in activities that include negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, contract administration and interpretation; and guidance/coordination of related management activities.
- You will forecast workload capacity of represented crews to hire appropriate number of personnel.
- You will help minimize unforeseen impacts and delays and provide a partnership role in delivering successful capital and expense projects at the airport while still maintaining flight operations.
- You will forecast and develop budget for your area of responsibility.
- You will initiate and engage in frequent communication with shop personnel daily related to personal and workplace safety and ensure all maintenance staff have the right tool(s), appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and training for their work.
- You must be able to respond 24/7 during emergencies and snow events.
Who you are:
- Experienced – You have five (5) years of management experience in operations, maintenance and/or capital projects in a complex operating facility.
- Educated – You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business or related field.
- Desired – We hope you have ten (10) years of management experience in a large airport or complex facility with 24/7/365 operations with an emphasis on maintenance, operations and/or construction.
- Committed to Equity – You will apply equity and exemplify shared values, behaviors, and practices in all aspects of the work. At the Port of Seattle, equity is a daily responsibility and a foundational expectation for all Port employees.
- Effective Communicator – You effectively employ verbal, written, and active listening communication skills and have excellent interpersonal skills to lead diverse union represented teams.
- Relationship Builder – You have the personal skills to network and build positive relationships with Aviation Maintenance crews and managers. You can build trust and respect and develop open lines of communication that empower staff.
- Critical Thinker – You can make educated and quick decisions that provide direction and monitor and evaluate decision results for effectiveness. You can lead in any situation and possess managerial agility to jump from constant changing priorities.
- Leadership – You're able to provide sound judgment and help create and lead successful solutions, while managing through conflict, change and a variety of leadership styles and priorities.
- Project Management Expert – You have knowledge of project management principles, practices and procedures including managing project budgets and schedules. You have a good grasp of the regulatory agencies, guidelines and procedures that inform capital construction projects.
- Work Schedule – Your normal work schedule will be Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week). Slightly more flexible start and end times are available in this role. You will be required to work during emergencies. This position’s primary work schedule will be a hybrid 60/40 schedule (onsite vs. offsite). Schedule will and can be altered without notice based on operational needs.
- Work Environment – You will primarily work in an office environment.
- Washington State Residency Requirement – Employees must establish a residence in Washington state within 30 days of their first day of employment and must maintain a residence in Washington State during their employment with the Port of Seattle. If a position is eligible to telework, work performed while teleworking must be performed in Washington State.
- Security Requirements – As the successful candidate, you must pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background check as well as a criminal history background check with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Your employment will be contingent upon obtaining a Port of Seattle ID badge upon clearance. You may also be required to obtain a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Customs Seal within 30 days of hire.
Are you interested?Apply On Web
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reliability Reports
- Download Reliability Graphics
- Uptime Elements Implementation Guide
- IoT Digitalization Strategy Framework
- Watch Reliability Videos
- Follow Reliabilityweb.com at LinkedIn
- Connect with Terrence O'Hanlon, CEO