FREE copy of the Uptime Elements Implementation Guide once you subscribe to Reliability Weekly
Are you interested?Apply On Web
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities, Women, Individuals, with DisABILITIES & Veterans are Encouraged to Apply
Responsible for executing the Asset Condition Monitoring (ACM) Program at the assigned OG&E Power Supply facilities with a focus on vibration monitoring and diagnostics and equipment balancing of rigid and flexible rotor assets with plain bearings. This position will use asset configuration information, knowledge of the operating context of the asset and process and condition monitoring information to identify, troubleshoot and diagnose complex vibration issues on critical assets. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Supervisory Instrumentation Calibration, Ultrasonic Data Collection and Analysis, Thermographic Surveys, Oil Sample Collection and Analysis of Results and Static and Dynamic Motor Circuit Evaluation and Analysis. This position works closely with ACM Technicians, Reliability Engineers, Process Engineers, Plant Engineers and Plant Operations and Maintenance personnel.
- Monitor for, troubleshoot, diagnose and provide recommended corrective actions for vibration issues on critical power plant assets such as gas and steam turbines, generators, multi-stage high pressure pumps and large centrifugal and axial fans.
- Working with upper level ACM Engineers or external vendors, perform field balancing of steam turbines, generators and large centrifugal and axial fans.
- Perform route-based vibration monitoring and analysis, ultrasonic analysis, infrared thermography surveys and motor circuit analysis.
- Working with upper level ACM Engineers or external vendors, perform modal and/or operational deflection shape (ODS) analysis to analyze, diagnose and recommend corrective actions for resonance conditions.
- Support Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and the implementation of any corrective actions identified for the Asset Condition Monitoring group.
- Develop, review and/or revise standard operating procedures and instructions for the ACM Program.
- Identify and/or review facility assets to be included in the ACM Program. Based on potential failure modes and asset criticality, recommend monitoring methods/technologies and intervals for each asset.
- Develop and present technical reports and presentations for various audience levels (staff, management, and external groups).
- Manage and/or coordinate Asset Condition Monitoring related projects.
- Supports company safety programs and initiatives by following all EHS and Operating procedures and adhering to established design standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or PE.
- Two (2) years directly related experience as an Engineer.
- Valid State Driver's license.
- ISO 18436 Category II Certified Vibration Analyst Certification.
- ASNT Level I Certification in Ultrasonic Analysis or IR Thermography
- MLA Level I Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leadership in safety and supporting an IIF (Incident and Injury Free) culture.
- Knowledge of power and/or process plant operating processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability with Asset Condition Monitoring technologies equipment and software. (Vibration, Thermography, Ultrasound, Static and Dynamic Motor Testing, Oil Analysis, ODS, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in vibration data acquisition and FFT processing.
- Skilled in the use of vibration analysis software such as Bently Nevada’s System One Evolution and ADRE SXP software and BetaVib VibWorks software.
- Knowledgeable in static and dynamic balancing theories and application.
- Knowledge in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member and to provide guidance to less experienced company members, as needed.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and P&ID's required. Ability to read and comprehend structural blueprints, electrical drawings, I&C drawings, and control logic drawings.
- Ability to analyze and organize data into information, make a series of alternatives, and develop a recommendation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to oversee, plan, coordinate, track, and complete projects effectively.
- Skilled in the proper use of hand tools and electronic test instrumentation.
- Strong computer skills with ability to use MS Office Suite, vendor Reliability Technologies software and SAP.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work non-standard hours, holidays, and schedules.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
March 09, 2023
Are you interested?Apply On Web
View all Events
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reliability Reports
- Download Reliability Graphics
- Uptime Elements Implementation Guide
- IoT Digitalization Strategy Framework
- Watch Reliability Videos
- Follow Reliabilityweb.com at LinkedIn
- Connect with Terrence O'Hanlon, CEO
© 2023 Reliabilityweb.com