FREE copy of the Uptime Elements Implementation Guide once you subscribe to Reliability Weekly
Are you interested?Apply On Web
About the Pay
Note: The salary range listed ($85,987 - $121,825) reflects the TARGET HIRING RANGE only and does not represent the full pay range for this position.
Control Systems Reliability Engineer: $85,987 - $103,251
Senior Control Systems Reliability Engineer: $101,483 – $121,825
About the Department
The Maintenance Control Department provides reliability engineering expertise to Central Arizona Project (CAP) and is seeking an experienced Control Systems or Senior Control Systems Reliability Engineer to provide discipline expertise to CAP's asset management program.
About the Responsibilities
Working as a Control Systems or Senior Control Systems Reliability Engineer, you would utilize technical expertise, field experience and knowledge of equipment to lead the effort to continually evaluate and refine equipment maintenance plans at CAP based on technical standards and industry best practices. Lead the development of long-term plans for repair, refurbishment or replacement of critical water delivery assets, having a significant impact on capital budget planning. Provide support to internal customers through field troubleshooting, diagnostic testing, and analysis of equipment breakdowns. Engage with other entities and professional societies to stay current on trends and new technologies related to asset health and equipment reliability.
Control Systems: Assessment, evaluation and engineering support activities for supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), industrial control networks, programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI), Historian and condition-based monitoring, digital controllers, digital protective relays, digital excitation control systems, sensors, transducers and other control hardware and software.
A few of the specific responsibilities include:
- Support the development and administration of an integrated maintenance program for all CAP facilities that incorporates preventive/predictive maintenance (ppm) industry best practices.
- Develop, review, and modify maintenance procedures, guidelines and schedules for control system elements. Write and adjust ppm procedures and frequencies as necessary. Provide standardization in ppm procedures and frequencies.
- Utilize industry best practices (Reliability-Centered Maintenance, Condition-Based Monitoring, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Key Performance Indicators, etc.) to provide continuous improvement and optimum equipment performance, safety and reliability at minimum costs.
- Establish Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) documents and records for equipment history review. Analyzes and recommends improvements.
- Utilize maintenance history and condition assessment data to recommend adjustments to equipment maintenance plans and to drive major long-term capital decisions related to asset repair/refurbish/replacement.
This position will be part of a rotational program for up to 12 months. The selected candidate(s) will split time between the Reliability Engineering and Engineering Resources groups before transitioning full-time into Reliability Engineering. The intent of this program is to have new personnel gain exposure to engineering design work associated with CAP control system elements, and then support the transition into asset ownership as part of the maintenance and reliability program.
During time spent with CAP Engineering Resources you will have the opportunity to work in a multi-discipline engineering team to provide complete and professional control systems design services and technical leadership for the purpose of planning, constructing, testing, and commissioning new features of the CAP. This will include control systems design and construction support, which requires technical expertise in various elements: industrial communication networks and protocols, protective relaying systems, conditioned based monitoring systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI), SCADA systems, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), control schematics, and wiring diagrams. During construction the team provides technical oversight of plans and specifications, materials and cost estimates, reviews and communicates comments on contract submittals, reviews and responds to technical Request for Information, inspects work done by contractors and CAP maintenance personnel, and provides technical input on work quality, as-built drawings, and adherence to codes and standards. A few of the current control systems projects include a SCADA system upgrade, obsolete PLC platform replacement, and flow meter replacements.
About the Qualifications
For the Engineer position: five (5) years of applicable Control Systems Engineering experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field; or three (3) years of engineering experience with a Master's degree focused on Control Systems Engineering is required.
For the Senior Engineer position: eight (8) years of applicable Control Systems Engineering experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field; or six (6) years with a Master’s degree focused on Control Systems Engineering plus one of the following certifications or licenses:
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional
*Twelve (12) years total Control Systems Engineering experience is required for the Senior position if none of the certifications or licenses above are held.
Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record.
This is a safety-sensitive position and requires physical testing.
If you are a creative thinker looking for exciting challenges and work variety, at an amazing company, APPLY ONLINE TODAY www.cap-az.com/jobs! Your water, your future.
July 07, 2022
Are you interested?Apply On Web
View all Events
Rapid Review - Formerly CRL 4-Hour Fundamental
Uptime Elements Reliability Leadership Rapid Review Course
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reliability Reports
- Download Reliability Graphics
- Uptime Elements Implementation Guide
- IoT Digitalization Strategy Framework
- Watch Reliability Videos
- Follow Reliabilityweb.com at LinkedIn
- Connect with Terrence O'Hanlon, CEO
© 2023 Reliabilityweb.com