Visite nuestro sitio en Español
“R.A.I.” the Reliability.aiTMChatbot
Are you interested?Apply On Web
What you'll do:
Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide strong leadership to the plant site engineers and maintenance/reliability team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement that is collaborative, empowering and motivating.
- Lead, champion, guide or assist engineering projects related to process improvements, equipment upgrades, and facilities expansions.
- Set clear goals and performance targets, monitor progress, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Develop training programs to enhance the technical and interpersonal skills of your team.
Plant Facilities and Equipment:
- Oversee a comprehensive maintenance and reliability strategy ensuring minimal downtime, optimal equipment performance, timely repairs, reduced operational risk, and optimized asset life of all plant facilities and production systems and equipment.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to schedule maintenance activities without disrupting production schedules and ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Prioritize maintenance needs and allocate resources effectively.
- Collaborate with external vendors, suppliers, and contractors to source equipment, materials, and repair and installation services.
- Ensure equipment and machinery modifications/repairs align with engineering, maintenance, and reliability standards.
- Working closely with the company Facilities Engineering Team, manage and optimize utility systems, such as HVAC, water, and energy, to enhance plant efficiency following company standards and best practices.
Production Process Optimization:
- Collaborate with various company engineering groups to analyze production processes, identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency and productivity, and provide insights for the development of new products and processes.
- Work closely with production and operations teams to streamline workflows and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Working closely with our Process Excellence teams, you will help implement lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies to enhance overall plant performance including maintenance performance.
Health, Safety, Food Safety, and Environmental Compliance:
- Ensure compliance in meeting all regulatory standards, partner safety guidelines, food safety standards, and environmental regulations in maintenance and engineering operations.
Capital Projects and Budget Management:
- Working closely with our Capital Deployment and Manufacturing Engineering teams, develop, manage, and support capital improvement projects to enhance plant capabilities and capacity.
- Prepare and manage budgets for engineering projects, equipment upgrades, and maintenance activities.
- Monitor expenses and control costs to meet performance and financial targets. Evaluate and implement cost-effective solutions for equipment upgrades, replacements, and modifications.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize plant performance, reduce waste, and increase overall efficiency.
- Apply engineering principles to troubleshoot complex technical issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Conduct or review studies for the implementation of new equipment, technologies, and automation systems.
- Implement new technologies and innovative engineering solutions to continuously improve engineering and maintenance processes, reliability techniques, and equipment efficiency.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology (all engineering related disciplines will be considered). An Associates degree will be considered for the right candidate with the right level of experiences.
- Proven experience in plant engineering and maintenance management or related manufacturing roles. 10+ years professional experience with at least 5+ years leading maintenance/engineering disciplines is strongly preferred. Experience in food manufacturing is ideal, but not a requirement.
- CMRP, CPMM, CMM, CRE, CIMM, or CRL certification with world class engineering, maintenance, and reliability experience is preferred. The right candidates without reliability certification will be considered with the expectation of successfully certifying within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to travel up to 5% - 10%.
- Strong leadership/team management skills with ability to motivate and manage a diverse team.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment maintenance, reliability practices, and troubleshooting techniques for equipment and systems.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and environmental compliance standards (food industry a plus).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate across departments and communicate effectively with team members.
- Strong project management skills and budget management experience.
- Proficient in using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), enterprise asset management (EAM), and software tools.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify trends, analyze data, and make informed decisions.
- Must ensure Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines. Meet OSHA safety requirements and assure Food Safety measures are followed.
- Food Safety Functions: Together with other members of the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans in addition to customer requirements.
This multifaceted role offers an exceptional opportunity for an engineering professional to join an exciting, growing company and be instrumental in driving the success of our manufacturing operations. If you're a proactive leader with a passion for driving engineering excellence and maintaining high operational standards, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our dynamic organization!
Job Family:Operations Leadership
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Are you interested?Apply On Web
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reliability Reports
- Download Reliability Graphics
- Uptime Elements Implementation Guide
- IoT Digitalization Strategy Framework
- Watch Reliability Videos
- Follow Reliabilityweb.com at LinkedIn
- Connect with Terrence O'Hanlon, CEO