FREE copy of the Uptime Elements Implementation Guide once you subscribe to Reliability Weekly
Are you interested?Apply On Web
Responsible for providing the proactive reliability stewardship and technical expertise required to achieve and sustain optimum asset reliability, maintainability, and useful life. Improves asset reliability by applying sound reliability evaluation and analysis in order to eliminate repeat failures, by providing technical support of the operations and maintenance departments and by defining, monitoring the effectiveness of and continuously improving asset maintenance strategies. Develops plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving design and construction of new facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project..
- Facilitate asset criticality evaluations and compile, validate and communicate results.
- Review new equipment specifications and associated installation specifications and develop and implement standards for reliability and performance acceptance criteria.
- Identify and evaluate new and existing reliability related technologies for applicability and benefit or value to the generation fleet. Put together business cases for the technologies that meet benefit or value criteria.
- Identify and evaluate asset upgrades or improvements related to reliability improvements. Put together business cases for the upgrades or improvements that meet benefit or value criteria.
- Apply failure mode and effects criticality analysis to develop maintenance strategies for assets based on failure history and/or asset criticality.
- Apply Reliability Engineering analysis techniques (Reliability Modeling and Prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Analysis, etc.) to solve reliability issues.
- Review, evaluate and optimize existing maintenance strategies based on asset failures.
- Initiate, facilitate and/or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis. Manage and/or complete reliability related RCFA corrective actions.
- Develop analysis methods for determining reliability of assets to support continuous improvements.
- Create and maintain Reliability Engineering and Maintenance Strategy, including Condition Monitoring, standards, procedures, instructions, etc.
- Calculate, review, evaluate and communicate Reliability Key Performance Indicators and where necessary, initiate corrective action plans.
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Provides technical expertise in the evaluation of asset condition, performance and maintenance requirements.
- Manages budgets, schedules, and resources for small to medium sized projects.
- Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, policies and guidelines.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Conducts surveys to gather field data.
- Prepare and interpret schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Prepares engineering analysis for small/routine projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Assists upper level engineers as directed while developing specialized engineering skills.
- Supports company safety programs and initiatives by following all EHS and Operating procedures and adhering to established design standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or PE.
- Two (2) years directly related experience as an Engineer.
- Valid State Driver's license.
- Two (2) years power or process plant engineering experience.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, Power BI and SAP software.
- Experience in power or process plant Maintenance and Operations.
- Experience in Asset Criticality Evaluations, Maintenance Strategy Development and Spare Parts Stocking Evaluations.
- Strong statistical and data analysis skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in Asset Criticality evaluation methods and experienced in the facilitation and validation of Asset Criticality evaluations.
- Knowledgeable in Failure Modes and Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA) methods and standards and experienced in the facilitation and validation of FMECA events.
- Knowledgeable in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methods and experienced in the facilitation of RCA and RCFA events.
- Knowledgeable in the theory and application of Condition Monitoring Technologies (Advanced Pattern Recognition, Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Ultrasonic Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infrared Thermography, etc.)
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
- Able to work independently of direct supervision
- Able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Proficient in basic engineering tools with ability to create simulations, build models and develop analytical calculations.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
- Team Player.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work non-standard hours, holidays, and schedules.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
Special Safety Requirements:
- This position is a classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.'s Drug Testing Plan.
August 17, 2022
Are you interested?Apply On Web
View all Events
Rapid Review - Formerly CRL 4-Hour Fundamental
Uptime Elements Reliability Leadership Rapid Review Course
- MRO-Zone.com Online Bookstore
- Job Postings for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Special Reliability Reports
- Download Reliability Graphics
- Uptime Elements Implementation Guide
- IoT Digitalization Strategy Framework
- Watch Reliability Videos
- Follow Reliabilityweb.com at LinkedIn
- Connect with Terrence O'Hanlon, CEO
© 2023 Reliabilityweb.com