New Orleans, Louisiana March 14-15, 2013 and Chicago, Illinois May 9-10, 2013
New Standard Institute seminars are designed with the individual in mind, to enhance attendee skills and professional capabilities through realistic and participant-focused training sessions.
This intensive seminar is intended specifically for planners, schedulers, outage managers, and project controls specialists who want to use Primavera P6 to manage critical maintenance and capital improvement projects. Some points covered include:
- How to save money and management time with Critical Path Method scheduling
- Panes, Toolbars, and the Best Custom Display to use
- Activities and an Introduction to the Scheduling Engine
- Using Levels and the Work Breakdown Structure to avoid Drowning in Information
- The Scheduling Engine and how it will Save Your Project
- How to Build a Proper CPM Schedule
- The Critical Path: It’s Called that because It’s Very Important
- The concept of Working Time, and how it impacts Duration
- The Calendar Map
Computers are provided for all participants in order to ensure matching projects and simultaneous screen imaging.
Effective use of P6 boosts the bottom line by managing deadlines, facilitating contractor and craft collaboration, enhancing worker productivity, and optimizing plans. However, the most important aspect of any project is the human factor.
About New Standard Institute
New Standard Institute is a training and consulting firm dedicated to improving industrial productivity with carefully crafted Management, Mechanical and Electrical Skills training programs. Through creative seminar, classroom, computer, and web-based training, the company focuses on the changing needs of management, supervision, and skilled maintenance personnel.