Fort Myers, Florida – Reliabilityweb.com ® has announced the winners for the 2020 Uptime® Awards. The Uptime Awards recognize accomplishments in reliability, leadership and asset management.
The 2020 Uptime Awards winners are:
- Best Reliability Engineering for Maintenance Program –Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation. The team at Nike Air MI credits their success on aligning diverse cultures into one overarching strategy and creating an agile maintenance organization rooted in sound, sustainable principles that support Nike's Direct to Consumer business strategy through improved equipment reliability and continuous improvement.
- Best Asset Condition Management Program – Gwinnett County Water Resources. Sean Meyer, Division Director, Plant Engineering, DWR Facility Operations stated: "Gwinnett DWR is honored to receive the 2020 Uptime Award for Best Asset Condition Management Program. This award highlights the broader commitment of the department and staff for their service to the community. The recognition as a leader by our industry peers is testament to the vision, diligence, and teamwork that our operations and maintenance teams deliver on a daily basis, and we are proud to be recognized for excellence in an area that is such an integral part of Gwinnett's commitment to our citizens and the environment."
- Best Work Execution Management Program – Schreiber Foods Incorporated. "Derrick Rust, Ivan Banga, Dustin Moore, Kelby Haynes, and the Monett team proved that Schreiber's best practices compete with the best, even in challenging times,” said Kim Stalder, Enterprise Maintenance Manager. “Winning this award means our company can achieve great results and be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world - even through a reliability lens."
- Best Leadership for Reliability Program – Medtronic. Jim Street, Maintenance Manager at Medtronic, acknowledges the benefits of having the team members go through the Certified Reliability Leaders® (CRL) training and Mastery Belt program. “It provides a common language and a common focus to assist in driving results. The benefits of having the belt program is that we focus our CRL's to perform and document the projects so they can receive their belts,” stated Street. “This also provides a way to recognize them for their efforts in supporting the program. All the hard work by our maintenance team and being recognized by Reliabilityweb.com is a great compliment. It means that as a team we're focus on the right elements of asset management!”
- Best Asset Management Program – Central Contra Costa Sanitary District. "My team and I are extremely honored to receive the 2020 Best Asset Management Program Award from Uptime magazine,” said Neil Meyer, Treatment Plant Maintenance Division Manager. “This confirms what can be achieved when staff work together across our organization with the support of our board of directors and executive team.”
- Best Continuous Improvement Program – Bristol Myers Squibb Company and Jones Lang LaSalle. "This award recognizes our planners, schedulers, supervisors, and technicians in their relentless pursuit of continuous innovation and delivering on commitments, which ultimately allows our facility to safely and reliably deliver the highest quality medicines that positively impact our patient's lives," stated Kirk Wolfgang, Associate Director of Maintenance & Calibration, Bristol Myers Squibb Syracuse Operations.
- Best Reliability Program – ARCA Continental. “Receiving this award from such a prestigious organization motivates us to continue on this journey. This is a confirmation that we are on track, and that our future is brighter as a company because we will be better prepared for facing the future,” stated Carlos Garza, Manufacturing and Maintenance Strategy Manager. “Getting this award is a way of thanking our top management for believing in this journey and for giving us the freedom to create and implement the "Total Asset Management Plan" through our organization.”
- Special Recognition Award: Asset, Risk and Condition Assessment Program – Great Western Railway (GWR). “Up until this point, this type of bottom-up initiative, alignment and optimization in engineering had never been considered and done within our group,” said Kristijan Apostolski, Continuous Improvement Manager at GWR. “It has provided a major boost in our team's confidence, abilities and going the extra mile. This global recognition is an extremely proud moment of achievement for the team and GWR.”
Participation in the Uptime Awards brings many benefits. Organizations report that the evaluation process helps create opportunities for external assessment and comparison, improves external communication and program detail reporting, and defined the business cases for a sustainable program. It fosters teamwork and builds acknowledgement of all stakeholder contributions, generates internal recognition and program validation, and allows organizations to contribute to an emerging body of knowledge for effective asset management and reliability practices. Sharing program details and journeys with the global reliability community also creates opportunities for external knowledge sharing and benchmarking relationships.
Winners have been invited to participate in the Uptime Awards Ceremony December 8, 2020 beginning at 11:00am ET. The ceremony will be a virtual event and will feature special presentations and keynotes from:
- Terrence O’Hanlon, CEO and Chairman, Reliabilityweb.com
- Ben Pring, Author of several books including, What to Do When Machines Do Everything
Winners will also record a 45-minute presentation of their program which will be available at Reliabilityweb.com’s Conference on Demand, being released December 7, 2020. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information about the Uptime Awards, please visit www.uptimeawards.com.
Since 1999, Reliabilityweb.com discovers and delivers information on approaches that make the people we serve safer and more successful based on three lines of business:
Publishing: Digital and print including Uptime magazine, Reliabilityweb.com Publishing with over 150 book titles, Reliabilityweb.com website in English and Spanish, and Reliability Radio®.
Conferences: The RELIABILITY Conference™, Maintenance 4.0 Digitalization Forum, The International Maintenance Conference, and MaximoWorld.
Training and Certification: Certified Reliability Leader® workshops and certification based on Uptime® Elements – A Reliability Framework and Asset Management System™; also Certified Maintenance Manager™ workshops and certification, developed by the Association of Asset Management Professionals (AMP).
For more information, please visit www.reliabilityweb.com.
Reliabilityweb.com®, Uptime®, The RELIABILITY Conference™, Certified Reliability Leader®, Reliability Framework and Asset Management System™, Reliability Radio® and Certified Maintenance Manager™ are the trademarks or registered trademarks of Reliabilityweb.com in the USA and in several other countries.