Visite nuestro sitio en Español
“R.A.I.” the Reliability.aiTMChatbot
Are you interested?Apply On Web
What you will do:
- Site wide responsibilities including sawmill, planer mill, dry kilns, site services and mobile equipment.
- Analyze plant downtime, quality, safety, and financial data to identify areas of focus for the maintenance and operations teams:
- Conduct and coordinate failure investigations, including analyzing failure mechanisms and implementing solutions to improve reliability, quality, safety, and financial performance.
- Redesign machinery and / or processes to improve plant reliability and lower operating costs.
- Direct supervision of the Reliability Technicians.
- Implement best practices for lubrication, handling, application, and storage of lubricants along with the oil analysis program.
- Direct oversight of the preventative and predictive maintenance programs which include vibration analysis, thermography, infrared, oil analysis, precision alignment and others to improve the mill’s reliability program.
- Responsible for hydraulic and compressor programs
- Champion the adoption of West Fraser’s Best Maintenance Practices per the resource library in WF’s internal intranet.
- Utilize the mill’s computerized maintenance management system (Maximo) to manage all maintenance activities within the scope of this position.
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance activities where required.
- Identify other opportunities across the site to improve efficiency, lower cost, and reduce waste.
- Coordinate and manage services from OEM representatives and other third parties to improve equipment reliability, life cycles, and costs.
- Benchmark performance and best practices at other West Fraser facilities.
- Communicate reliability activities and results to all departments including senior management.
- Understand machinery functions in detail. A “hands-on” approach will be required to fully understand the failure mechanisms of machinery.
- Project management
Qualifications you should have:
- Relevant experience with industrial manufacturing equipment and / or trades experience is an asset.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to adapt and thrive in a collaborate team environment.
- Well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point, Maximo.
- Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or similar Engineering Degree is preferred but not mandatory.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match plus an additional retirement contribution
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace.
Travel RequiredYes. <10% expected travel. Must be able to travel via car and air when required.
Are you interested?Apply On Web