Today, there are many variations of breathers to choose from.
Here are a few things to look for when choosing a quality breather:
1. Integrated nylon standpipe- this key feature provides excellent vibration resistance and dissipates impact throughout the unit, eliminating weak points. It also allows even airflow distribution throughout the unit, preventing inaccurate readings of desiccant saturation. Many breathers that do not have this key feature will also have oil saturation problems in the desiccant due to splashing or oil mist, causing the breather to spend very quickly.
2. Resilient polycarbonate casing- shock-absorbing, clear casing provides reliable service, easy visual maintenance, and UV resistance
3. Multi-layer filtration- such as polyester filters and foam pads to protect against migration of desiccant dust or oil mist, providing maximum efficiency
4. Water vapor adsorbent silica gel- adsorbs water from incoming air and can hold up to 40% of its weight
5. Check-valves- specifically high-quality umbrella check-valves that won't clog or stick for added protection from washdown environments. Check-valves isolate equipment from ambient conditions prolonging breather life,and protecting system integrity