IMC-2020 Presentation 35:52 Minutes
by Tim O'Donnell, Ken Hunt, Jim Welch, Jim Street and Eric Newhard - Medtronic
At Medtronic, we believe in the power of medical technology to improve lives. Seven decades ago, our co-founder invented the battery-powered pacemaker. Today, we are among the largest medical device companies in the world. With operations in 150 countries, our products treat 70 health conditions and include cardiac devices, cranial and spine robotics, insulin pumps, surgical tools, patient monitoring systems, and more. Our therapies help 72 million people a year and support our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
Our people make it possible. We value diverse perspectives and encourage our 90,000+ employees to be themselves. We hold each other accountable, act with integrity, and make quality our highest priority.
We are privileged to be part of the communities where we live and work. We are committed to giving back and reducing our impact on the environment.
Let's take healthcare Further, Together.
- Maintenance Excellence fully endorsed by Senior Management (VP's)
- Site leadership fully engaged (directors, managers, supervisors, etc.)
- Core Team Onboarding (Uptime® Elements Training and Certified Reliability Leaders® (CRL) Certification).
- Launch Maintenance Excellence (site kickoff)
- An MEx Assessment was performed (166 question to baseline)
- A formal report out meetings with site management to ensure engagement
- Timelines were developed with next steps
- Monthly reporting and status meetings established to drive results
- Identified over 40 projects with $7,000,000 in cost savings or cost avoidances