Reliability is an essential business requirement in today’s volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment. Safety performance and reliability performance are directly linked. In order to meet customers’ needs on time at competitive prices, an organization’s equipment and assets have to work reliably and effectively.
Reliability is not just the responsibility of the maintenance department; it is the responsibility of everyone in the organization.
Reliability is everyone's responsibility
The Reliability Journey as expressed with Uptime Elements Reliability Framework and Asset Management System is designed to empower you and your team on a self-led journey that will unlock extraordinary value for your organization.
Uptime Elements Reliability Framework and Asset Management System
Reliability leadership involves creating value delivery and the functional assurance of assets while minimizing the eﬀects of risk and failure. It is an enterprise-wide understanding and approach that enables an organization to consider the potential impact of all types of failures and defects, including process, information and equipment failures.
The Uptime Elements Reliability Leadership System draws from a body of knowledge that is based on the Uptime Elements Body of Knowledge Passport series, various international standards, such as ISO9001, ISO55001 and ISO31000, ISO14224 and detailed assessments conducted at over 500 best practices organizations. as part of the annual Uptime Awards, and a small focused collection of publications written by recognized international experts.
Uptime Elements as an ISO 55001 Asset Management System Terrence O'Hanlon
Simply put, Uptime Elements is a map for understanding the interrelated nature of reliability elements.in the context of your own system.
New reliability leaders will discover novel meaning to their work and interactions with the people they work with. Reliability leadership provides a basis for their decisions and will eventually drive transformation of the organization.
Uptime Elements Reliability Framework and Asset Management System produces immediate and sustainable results for your organization, including:
- An engaged and empowered workforce aligned with the Aim of the organization;
- Improved financial results;
- Safety and environmental incident reduction;
- Sustainability and energy savings;
- Improved workforce recruitment and retention;
- Reputation and brand enhancement.
Uptime Elements Reliability Framework and Asset Management System provide a simple way to understand a holistic, system-based approach to embedding reliability into an organization’s practices and culture. By using a unified theory and precise language to explain the fundamental elements of reliability and how they relate to each other, Uptime Elements allow everyone to gain an understanding of reliability appropriate to the work they do.
Do You Speak Reliability?
Do You Speak Reliability?
All things that can be mastered begin with the acquisition of a specialized language that contains words, concepts and ideas. Examples would be a doctor in medical training who begins by studying the specialized words, phrases and concepts related to the practice of medicine, or a musician who learns how to read the written musical language. Using the word language in this context means speaking a language in the broader sense of understanding, as well as communicating the grammar, vocabulary and syntax so ideas and creativity can be shared.
The world's best run companies recognize that success is achieved through leadership; however, they also realize that results are only delivered through the engagement and empowerment of everyone in the workforce. Leadership does not come from one person, it comes from everyone. This is especially true for reliability.
The Uptime Elements Reliability Framework is in use by over 6000 organizations globally with an active network of 4000+ certified practitioners. It is designed to meet the workforce and management where their current practices are and offer self-discovery of a new mental model that aligns stakeholders across the enterprise and slowly replaces outdated and ineffective practices.
Uptime Elements includes Technical Activities with Leadership Activities aligned to Business Processes across the asset lifecycle. It has been effectively mapped to support dozens of existing managing systems including ISO 9001, ISO 55001, TPS, LEAN and Operational Excellence.
Over the past few years many of the world's best run companies have made significant advances connecting asset data with the workforce and their management. This connected data, IoT and the cloud have put powerful analytics and machine learning tools in the hands of reliability engineers and asset managers to create new opportunity sets to advance reliability and asset management through digitalization.
The Uptime® Elements Digitalization Strategy Framework and Internet of Things (IoT) Knowledge Domain is designed to guide organizations in implementing IoT to achieve a business goal or aim. You can use this framework to support your solution for reliability and management of your physical and digital assets. It will help you to better develop a process and to get more value from assets by gaining greater insights from data generated from IoT devices, increasing process efficiency and reducing costs.
This framework will provide a foundation and common language for IoT within your organization and across industries.
When considered together the new expanded frameworks includes:
- 3D Reliability Leadership Context
- Reliability Engineering for Maintenance
- Asset Condition Management
- Work Execution Management
- Leadership for Reliability
- Asset Management
- 10 Rights of Asset Lifecycle Management
Uptime Elements Digitalization Strategy Framework reliabilityweb.com
Do you speak IT/OT?
The Internet of Things Knowledge Domain and Digitalization Framework is aligned to the five domains of the Uptime® Elements - Reliability Framework and AssetManagement System™. It can be considered the sixth domain of the Uptime Elements. The Uptime Elements Framework helps organizations achieve a common language and system to understand that reliability is cross-functional and requires an enterprise approach. In order to implement IoT, organizations need additional support and guidance, including a baseline of common terms, best practices and assistance to make the digitalization journey.
- Data Governance
- Digital Twin
- 10 Rights of Digitalization
The world’s best-run companies are connecting the workforce, management, assets and data to automate asset knowledge that can be leveraged for beneficial decisions.
Use of established frameworks can speed your journey. I would value hearing your ideas or experiences using Uptime Elements. The best place to reach me for feedback is LinkedIn.
If you would like to learn more about training options on these framework please check the events calendar
Digitalization Strategies for Reliability and Asset Management reliabilityweb.com
- Reliabilityweb A New Digitalization Strategy Framework to Advance ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Digital Twin Advancements for Asset Performance ›
- Reliabilityweb Will Digital Twin Replace SCADA? Will Anything Else? ›
- Reliabilityweb Why Your Digital Twin Approach Is Not Built to Last ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Digital Twins Explained by Greg Bentley CEO of ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Data-Driven Decision-Making for Predictable ... ›
- Bentley - Reliabilityweb ›
- Reliabilityweb Digital Twins ›
- Reliabilityweb Digital Twin: Transforming Asset Operations ›
- Reliabilityweb Scott Reese Named CEO of GE Digital ›
- Reliabilityweb Reliability Radio EP 258: Brendon Russ ›
- Reliabilityweb Uptake Teams up with Cognizant to Unlock Unified Data Management ›
- Reliabilityweb EarthCam 4D Brings Digital Twins to Life ›
- Reliabilityweb Getting Started on Your Reliability and Asset Management Journey ›
- Digital twins and the future of asset management ›
- How Digital Twins are saving asset managers millions in operation ... ›
- Digital Twin in Asset Management - GISGRO ›
- How-to: Digital Twins and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) ›
- Digital Twin Software | GE Digital ›
- Cheat sheet: What is Digital Twin? ›
- Digital Twins for Asset Management | ARC Advisory ›
- How Digital Twin Technology Can Improve Asset Management ›
- Digital twin - Making your asset smarter with the digital twin ›
- Exploring the role of Digital Twin for Asset Lifecycle Management ... ›