In Maintenance and Engineering circles, we have been talking about the same things around asset condition monitoring for many years.
- Set up the Program.
- Decide which Condition Monitoring tools to use.
- Assign the respective tools to the appropriate Critical Equipment.
- Train the technicians properly.
- Set expectations for Certification and results.
What is different today?
It is the information age. We not only expect to get information from work orders and 1 or 2 chosen Condition Monitoring tools, we also are looking for all asset information.
- ambient temperature
- type of environment
- soil, air, water, frozen, hot, etc..
We can expect to see trending, patterning, and machine intelligence formulas being created, to give us faster insight for more precision failure calls.This information will come faster and more consistent, in the near future. In addition to the aggregation of multiple streams of data, we will see more and more live health meters, linked to critical assets.
Tip provided by
Dave Reiber CRL / CMRP
Senior Reliability Leader
- Reliabilityweb Return of Investment In Advanced Asset Management ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Predictive Maintenance is a near Death Experience ›
- Reliabilityweb Mapping the Uptime Elements to Your Asset ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Certified Reliability Leader Uptime Elements ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Asset Health Manager Provides Visibility into Asset ... ›
- Asset Condition Monitoring Management - Reliabilityweb: A Culture ... ›
- Reliabilityweb Why Asset Condition Management [ACM]? ›
- Reliabilityweb AMS Machine Works enables holistic asset conditionmonitoring for critical assets ›
- Reliabilityweb AMS Machine Works enables holistic asset condition monitoring for critical assets ›
- Is it time to consider asset condition management? | Neles ›
- Asset Condition Management | AMP Maintenance Forums ›
- Maximize Uptime with Asset Condition Management - Empowering ... ›
- Asset Management ›
- Condition Management | AVEVA ›
- Asset Condition Monitoring Management: Jack Nicholas ... ›
- Asset Condition Management! A Risk-based Approach to Asset ... ›
- Asset Condition Management: A Framework for Smart, Health ... ›